Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Opinions on Resume Descriptions  (Read 599 times)

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Opinions on Resume Descriptions
« on: October 07, 2008, 06:22:06 PM »
Hi All,

What are your opinions on descriptions for jobs and/or activities?  Bullet points/lists or a sentence based description?

Did you use any templates or other sources to help you make the decision.  I'm trying to finalize my personal statement and resume while I'm waiting for my LSAT score.  Any advice is appreciated.

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions on Resume Descriptions
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 10:36:32 PM »
Ok maybe I forgot the magic words....Please and Thank You!  :D

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 11:32:03 PM »
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 12:10:20 AM »
Thanks guys.

See that's what I have and someone told me not to, at any time, use bullet points.  They said to always use full sentence descriptions.  Only, I have never done this, especially when seeking a job, so I figured maybe law school resumes were some how different.  That's why I wanted different opinions.

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 08:38:54 AM »
Thanks guys.

See that's what I have and someone told me not to, at any time, use bullet points.  They said to always use full sentence descriptions.  Only, I have never done this, especially when seeking a job, so I figured maybe law school resumes were some how different.  That's why I wanted different opinions.

Maybe the person giving you advice is applying to the same schools so he/she is trying to sabotage you.

LOL...I don't receive any advice from applicants outside this message board, otherwise I probably would think that.  This was one of the tips I received when I had my application materials reviewed by the experts.  I just wanted to see what others were doing.

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 09:08:17 AM »
haha :D
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 09:13:06 AM »
Thanks guys.

Maybe the person giving you advice is applying to the same schools so he/she is trying to sabotage you.

This was one of the tips I received when I had my application materials reviewed by the experts. 

Maybe their kidss are applying

Hilarious!

I think I'm just going to stick with my bullet points...I tried a version with full sentences and it just doesn't look right to me.

And I hope their kids are rejected... j/k....or maybe not  :-X