Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Emory People Generally Talking Amongst Ourselves  (Read 22720 times)

psychfrog

• View Profile
Re: Emory People Generally Talking Amongst Ourselves
« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2009, 02:22:58 PM »
:( Sorry to hear that dude. Expect a quick response. Hopefully positive.

Yeah, thanks.  Actually, I called back this morning to follow up and was told that a decision had been made.  Sounded like the review process was expedited once they realized what happened.  Hope there's still some money left... guess I'll find out soon.

Sarahpi

• Survival of the Rockingest!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SarahNoPie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2009, 10:31:13 AM »
I've been talking with a couple of friends who are in other grad programs at Emory, and they've mentioned some delay in getting their loan money dispersed at the beginning of the semester. Of course, I don't know the details of their financial situations, so I thought I'd poll the Emory people here.

So...Emory people, has your loan money been dispersed at the start of classes, as is supposed to be the case? If there was any delay, how long? I'm going to be moving down a few weeks early and using savings to get my apartment set up, etc, so I'll be needing that money pretty much on time.

togbra

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2009, 10:44:24 AM »
this is a function of your provider, not emory (generally).  my loans were delayed because of the lender having problems getting capital at the time.  I switch lenders and got the money soon after [a week after the request, this was in Sept.).  Emory financial aid office told me my lender was going to be delayed originally and recommended i switch.  I didn't at first because i like my old lender (i'm going back - THE for those that are curious - citi is my new lender).  I have found the financial aid office to be very responsive in the process.

The credit crunch at the beginning of fall semester was well publicized (so it wasn't emory's fault), Congress acted last May in response to help get money flowing to students.  hope that helps.

Sarahpi

• Survival of the Rockingest!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SarahNoPie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2009, 10:47:49 AM »
It does, thanks! I didn't pick my friends' brains in great detail at the time they mentioned the delay, so I was hoping something like this would be the case where it was a one-time issue.

Glad to hear it wasn't Emory's issue, and that they were proactive in getting it resolved for you.

jamaicanjynx

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2009, 06:50:50 AM »
Hey

I've been searching threads here and on other forums for info about housing at President Park but there doesn't seem to be much info out there. Do you any of you live at President Park or know anyone who does?

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2009, 05:12:29 AM »
Hey

I've been searching threads here and on other forums for info about housing at President Park but there doesn't seem to be much info out there. Do you any of you live at President Park or know anyone who does?

Sorry. I've never even heard of it.
VIP.

rush the rushdie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 05, 2009, 07:32:54 PM »
a question for any current Emory law student...

is it possible to request being placed in a certain group?  I'm looking at the Fall 09 1L schedule, and I see there are 6 groups: A, B, C, D, E, F.  So..say i want to be in F, b/c i want to take a certain professor's class, etc.  Would the registrar honor such requests?  thanks

togbra

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 06, 2009, 06:29:22 PM »
I would doubt, but I have seen it done if you have good reason (ie married couple didn't want to be in same section).  I don't think there is harm in asking.