Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Emory People Generally Talking Amongst Ourselves  (Read 22707 times)

Sarahpi

• Survival of the Rockingest!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SarahNoPie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Emory People Generally Talking Amongst Ourselves
« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2008, 02:26:42 AM »
amplified, when I visited they told us that scholarship info would be sent with acceptances this year. Then when I was accepted (notified by phone), I asked if scholarship info would be coming in the mail as well, and was told that would follow in January.

So I'm not counting on getting it in January, since they're already later than they originally said; but I'm planning on by March at least.

Imperial Russian Stout!

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Evil Stork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2008, 01:59:01 PM »
Thanks guys!

Number81

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2009, 07:30:09 PM »
This was a concern last year.

As it turned out, some students that did not provide any financial aid information, which was said to be required for $$, were nevertheless given scholarships.  That said, there were 0 people (that I recall) that got the "right" numbers, submitted the fin aid stuff, and did not get a scholarship.  Conversely, there were a few people that had the same numbers, did not submit the fin aid stuff, and did not get a scholarship.  In some cases, some of these people were able to appeal in some way.

Anyway, to get less ancy about all this stuff, I would give them a call.
Emory 2L
LSN

steven1488

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2009, 11:50:44 PM »
Do any of you know how well Emory places in Miami?  Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but this thread is going on 13 pages.  ;D 

gowi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Emory '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2009, 09:19:27 AM »
This is the only employment info I know of, but you could call career services and ask:

http://www.law.emory.edu/fileadmin/career_services/LYT_Revamp/Employment_Statistics_LYT/Employment_Statistics_Class_of_2007.pdf

Sarahpi

• Survival of the Rockingest!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SarahNoPie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2009, 09:37:20 PM »
So, the thread's been dead while acceptances seem to be rolling in for Emory applicants. Anyone already committed to Emory? I'd love to get the Class of 2012 thread active now that people are making enrollment decisions.

Is anyone here coming to ASW next month?

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2009, 04:29:58 PM »

OOh! I'll be there!
VIP.

psychfrog

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2009, 02:07:30 PM »
A couple of questions for the Emory folk...

Sounds like you all really enjoy your classmates (for the most part).  How diverse is the student body in terms of age?  Are most students under 25?  How much company would I have as a 30 yr old?

Also - how many students at Emory are married?  How many are parents?

---

I've lived in ATL for most of the past 10 years, and more or less expect to stay here.  I'm married, and have two kids under the age of 5... so we're pretty settled in.  My decision essentially comes down to Emory vs. GSU (though to be honest, I haven't heard back from Emory yet, so this could be an easier decision than I think!)

Anyway.  There are a several factors related to having a family that sort of incline me toward GSU.  But I thought I'd interrupt Those Talking Amongst Themselves long enough to get some info on the social scene.  Any thoughts?

togbra

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2009, 07:24:23 PM »
I believe the median age is 23, but it feels like there are a lot of people that have had some work experience between college and law. I know a few 30 year olds that I hang out with (I am 26).  There are a few 40ish students as well.  I believe the school reaches out to those with kids/families, but I don't necessarily pay attention to that.  I would say GSU is going to have more folks with families and students going into their second career.  I am not sure what the social scene is at GSU is, but Emory's events are generally either drinking in VaHigh or going to clubs relocated from Buckhead. Emory also does some of its events at the school.  Hope that helps, good luck.

togbra

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2009, 07:29:21 PM »

OOh! I'll be there!

are you actually going to be there or are you going to be sitting in your apartment, ignoring people who knock on your door...?