Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Your method for studying the LR part  (Read 618 times)

crimsonpham

• View Profile
    • Email
Your method for studying the LR part
« on: October 07, 2008, 04:23:20 PM »
Hey all, I was wondering if some of you can share your method for studying the LR part of the LSAT. For example, after you complete a section -- what do you do but besides reviewing what you got wrong?

Thanks

booyakasha45

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Your method for studying the LR part
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 12:28:47 AM »
While I was taking a section, I would circle all questions that I wasn't 100% confident about and then I reviewed them in addition to the ones I got wrong. I also would write down the types of questions I was getting wrong, and went back to the Logical Reasoning Bible for review when I saw a pattern of mistakes.

kennedyposter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 12:33:12 AM »
I just did argument after argument after argument. I've probably done thousands. I promise I used to have a life. It paid off though. I rarely ever miss a LR question. I decided to invest tons of time in it, even at the expense of other sections, considering it is worth half the test. Just do all the paced sections you can find and if you have Kaplan or Powerscore books, read the explanations.

booyakasha45

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 12:38:30 AM »
Yeah, same here kennedy. It's weird having a life again...

I also made myself do a few hundred LR questions really slowly and methodically, going through a printed out list of the main LR objectives hanging in front of my desk (someone on here told me to do it). It was really tedious and annoying, but eventually prephasing and assessing the stimuli's respective validities became second-nature, which improved my LR performance substantially.