Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: dinner  (Read 1045 times)

havocness

• View Profile
    • Email
dinner
« on: October 07, 2008, 12:52:25 PM »
Why is it that a firm will take some recruits to dinner the night before the interview, but it won't do this for all of them? Is it necessarily because it likes one more than the other?

OldCraig

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: dinner
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 03:07:08 PM »
You always get a crack at dinner at a callback.

If you didn't, it's probably because of some administrative error on the firm's part.

Some firms don't ask students who go to school in the same city to dinner because they figure you can just make do at your apartment, while for students who have to fly in might like a bite to eat before hitting the hotel.

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 04:38:59 PM »
You always get a crack at dinner at a callback.

If you didn't, it's probably because of some administrative error on the firm's part.

Some firms don't ask students who go to school in the same city to dinner because they figure you can just make do at your apartment, while for students who have to fly in might like a bite to eat before hitting the hotel.

This isn't always so. I've had a number of callbacks with no lunch or dinner.

OP, I really don't think it means anything significant. Don't read too much into it.
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 05:44:58 PM »
It's probably more a scheduling issue than anything else.  Not every attorney at the firm participates in recruiting, and those that do have lives and work to do.  It could be that there wasn't anyone available to do a dinner the night before.

Like goaliechica said, I wouldn't read too much into it.

havocness

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 05:58:28 PM »
OK, cool. I accepted an offer at this firm, but I thought it was strange that dinner wasn't really an option for me, but another person did.