Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: did anyone lie about their race on the lsat?  (Read 10674 times)

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: did anyone lie about their race on the lsat?
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 09:04:05 PM »
nohomo

philosopher

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2008, 02:59:17 PM »
this is just ridiculous.  although I know plenty of white people check "other" to make it SEEM like they are some kind of minority without actually having to choose one of the minority statuses.
"People pay for what they do, and still more for what they have allowed themselves to become; and they pay for it very simply: by the lives they lead."
--James Baldwin

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2008, 06:54:41 PM »
this is just ridiculous.  although I know plenty of white people check "other" to make it SEEM like they are some kind of minority without actually having to choose one of the minority statuses.

Is this speculation or did they tell you their sinister plan? If the latter, you need to find some new people to interact with.

philosopher

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2008, 11:13:21 PM »

Is this speculation or did they tell you their sinister plan? If the latter, you need to find some new people to interact with.

haha it actually is the latter.   :P
"People pay for what they do, and still more for what they have allowed themselves to become; and they pay for it very simply: by the lives they lead."
--James Baldwin

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2008, 07:55:01 AM »

haha it actually is the latter.   :P

People like that are why my favorite professor is in favor of retroactive abortions.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2008, 05:54:46 PM »
I have been batteling with the question of race my whole life..... My parents have a plethora of ethnicities in their blood, they both look white, but somehow I ended up looking pure Mexican. I have identified as white my whole life until about four years ago, when I realized racist people were rearing me as they would any other minority.....

Were they raising you, or sodomizing you?   ???

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2008, 05:59:14 PM »
OP -- plz tell us you were kidding.  if not, though...i have never met a white person who thought white privilege wasn't enough and wanted to snatch whatever benefits minorities get from the admissions process.  (ps, there's only one scale, and it happens to be colorblind.)  you, my friend, are pathetic. 

My poor/working-class white friends would take issue with the idea they're privileged at all as a result of their race, especially since many minorities are far more privileged. 

That said, you're correct that they generally don't want special benefits -- they simply want to be judged fairly and consistently.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2008, 06:03:12 PM »

They probably just don't want to be discriminated against.  It's not so much that they want to be seen as a minority, they just don't want to be labeled as a "privileged" white person.

This is probably more of a problem for asians, however, who experience the most discrimination in admissions, and are therefore probably most likely to check the "other" box.

CLSHopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2008, 06:30:15 PM »

They probably just don't want to be discriminated against.  It's not so much that they want to be seen as a minority, they just don't want to be labeled as a "privileged" white person.

This is probably more of a problem for asians, however, who experience the most discrimination in admissions, and are therefore probably most likely to check the "other" box.

x2

philosopher

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2008, 10:47:06 PM »

probably don't want to be discriminated against?  ha...
--James Baldwin