Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: did anyone lie about their race on the lsat?  (Read 11011 times)

hope4harvard

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: did anyone lie about their race on the lsat?
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 09:42:58 AM »
I accidentally self-identified as half Chinese half American.  Unfortunately, that was apparently the wrong race to choose.  They didn't grade me on the black people LSAT scale (which is OBVIOUSLY way easier) or the white people LSAT scale (the average scale).  They graded me on the crazy hard Chinese LSAT scale.  My experimental section was LG and it was in Mandarin!!!

lol! so your chinese talkstory was really in chinese! ouch!

rush the rushdie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 11:09:31 AM »
OP -- plz tell us you were kidding.  if not, though...i have never met a white person who thought white privilege wasn't enough and wanted to snatch whatever benefits minorities get from the admissions process.  (ps, there's only one scale, and it happens to be colorblind.)  you, my friend, are pathetic. 

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 12:17:34 PM »
The original post is quite possibly the stupidest question I've ever read, flame or no. And this includes the myriad of unnecessary questions currently flooding the 'Applications' board.

klmnumbers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 12:20:31 PM »
Why would a person lie anyways. It doesn't benefit you from as far as I can tell since it's used purely for statistical data. They don't release the answers to "how did you prep for the LSAT" to the school's you're applying to either. When you apply to a law school, they'll ask your race.

idk, I'm just confused as to why someone would do it in the first place, to mess with the statistics for fun? 1 drop in the bucket won't have that much of an effect. =/
LSN - even tho I have no numbers yet. There it is.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 02:04:45 PM »
Hispanic refers to a larger spanish-speaking society and culture, not a race.  Any and every Spanish-speaking country has an extreeeemely diverse population, often with many more racial groups than we have the United States. 

Most hispanics are a mix of various European and Native American ethnic groups, and most Spanish-speaking countries have a wide variety of African ethnicities added to the ethno-cultural mix as well.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 06:15:16 PM »
I have been batteling with the question of race my whole life..... My parents have a plethora of ethnicities in their blood, they both look white, but somehow I ended up looking pure Mexican.

Is this possible? I mean, what does a pure Mexican look like, and how does that differentiate from other Hispanics/Latinos?

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 06:52:13 PM »
Yea, clearly there is no such thing as a pure Mexican look, or ethnicity for that matter.  That would be like saying you look pure American.  What exactly does that look like?

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2008, 07:52:20 PM »
Yea, clearly there is no such thing as a pure Mexican look, or ethnicity for that matter.  That would be like saying you look pure American.  What exactly does that look like?

That's easy:

The wrapper obviously gives it away.

lipslikesugar

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2008, 01:36:09 PM »

blonde, blue eyes, red or pink skin :)
ah, and you MUST wear cargo shorts, polo shirt and tennis shoes 8)

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2008, 02:25:10 PM »
No, I asked what does a pure American look like, NOT what does James Vanderbeek look like.