Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: black racism?  (Read 1487 times)

vercingetorix

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
black racism?
« on: October 06, 2008, 09:27:19 PM »
1. it is estimated as much as 6% of the white democratic electorate will not vote for Obama because he is black.
2. it is estimated that over 95% of African Americans will vote for Obama.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
Re: black racism?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 09:30:35 PM »
yawn.

you are so predictable.

I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 10:03:45 PM »
1. it is estimated as much as 6% of the white democratic electorate will not vote for Obama because he is black.

Blacks tend to vote upwards of 90% for Democratic candidates in national elections anyways. The proportion of Blacks is higher for Obama because he's registered so many young Blacks that are voting for the first time. The proportion is also larger because his outreach in the black community has been superior to most candidates in the past (using networks of barbershops to promote his outreach, for example).

I don't think Blacks are voting for Obama only because he is Black. Indeed, Al Sharpton and Alan Keys fared poorly with the Black constituency. Prior to South Carolina and Bill Clinton making a perceived racial jab at Obama, the Black vote was pretty evenly split between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

YLS c/o 2009

vercingetorix

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 10:39:15 PM »
really? you think the answers are this simple? seems intellectually dishonest not to think this one through entirely.  in other words, OF COURSE BLACK RACISM EXTSTS.  the fact that white liberals won't talk about it makes me laugh.  reverend wright, who will be in the news a lot more shortly is just one example of virulent African American racism in the US.  it is a really simple, unthinking response to state that the reason 95% of the black vote is going for Obama because they somehow agree with his political views.  most American voters cannot find Egypt on a map, much less articulate why they support a particular candidate in any intelligible way. most African Americans are voting for Obama precisely because he is black. here is a nice taste of what i am describing.  oh and these are middle school kids.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSvBCBnulLs

can you imagine if a bunch of white kids marched out in fatigues and endorsed their undying devotion to McCain? really? do you people view anything critically? i want to assume the best but i think that most of your critical thinking takes a holiday whenever minorities are involved.

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 10:59:26 PM »
Nobody said black racism doesn't exist.  They've merely pointed out that your laughable use of a correlation fails to prove the sort of widespread racism you seem to be searching so hard for.

Yes, there are probably many blacks who are voting for Obama because he's black.  There are probably many whites who are voting for Obama because he's black.  There are many people who are voting for or against either ticket based on race, sex, age, etc.  What bold new conclusions can you draw from this fact set?  None.
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 11:02:09 PM »

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS RACE!  it is a mis conception...an illegitimate construct...like in the past people thought the world was flat...

if there is such thing as race then please give me a list of the races of the world...

please and thankyou...
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 11:08:19 PM »

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS RACE!  it is a mis conception...an illegitimate construct...like in the past people thought the world was flat...

if there is such thing as race then please give me a list of the races of the world...

please and thankyou...

*snore*

Regardless of whether race exists in some sort of physical sense, it does[/i] exist at least as a social construct, and thus it can be examined, studied, and discussed.  Do you think that people in the past were unable to learn anything about the Earth, even though they were mistaken about its underlying physical nature?
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 11:15:40 PM »
really? you think the answers are this simple? seems intellectually dishonest not to think this one through entirely.  in other words, OF COURSE BLACK RACISM EXTSTS.  the fact that white liberals won't talk about it makes me laugh.  reverend wright, who will be in the news a lot more shortly is just one example of virulent African American racism in the US.  it is a really simple, unthinking response to state that the reason 95% of the black vote is going for Obama because they somehow agree with his political views.  most American voters cannot find Egypt on a map, much less articulate why they support a particular candidate in any intelligible way. most African Americans are voting for Obama precisely because he is black. here is a nice taste of what i am describing.  oh and these are middle school kids.

can you imagine if a bunch of white kids marched out in fatigues and endorsed their undying devotion to McCain? really? do you people view anything critically? i want to assume the best but i think that most of your critical thinking takes a holiday whenever minorities are involved.

The point isn't that Blacks agree with his political views, but that they align more closely with their beliefs and values than does McCain's point of view. Your entire point is undermined by the fact that African Americans vote as a bloc for the Democratic Party irrespective of the race of the candidate. It is also undermined by the fact that African Americans have not supported other Black candidates for President in either party.

When you understand bloc interests in politics, then we can have this discussion.

YLS c/o 2009

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 02:23:10 AM »

The point isn't that Blacks agree with his political views, but that they align more closely with their beliefs and values than does McCain's point of view. Your entire point is undermined by the fact that African Americans vote as a bloc for the Democratic Party irrespective of the race of the candidate. It is also undermined by the fact that African Americans have not supported other Black candidates for President in either party.

When you understand bloc interests in politics, then we can have this discussion.

blacks are just blacks...the bloc of blacks who vote blacks are not as prevalent as the blocs of black blocks who mark for nonblacks...but black blocks might vote for bloc blacks only if the black blocks and bloc blacks are voting for bloc blacks...so both black blocs and black blocks don't always see dot to dot...but this time around the black blocs and the black blocks are all on the same page and will be marking for the bloc of blacks who are both black and bloc black....

problem is people vote...

colors don't...

so good luck with the blacks...and all...pretty sure its going to be red ::)

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 02:24:51 AM »

oh yeah...you guys make a lot of sense...

blacks are just blacks...the bloc of blacks who vote blacks are not as prevalent as the blocs of black blocks who mark for nonblacks...but black blocks might vote for bloc blacks only if the black blocks and bloc blacks are voting for bloc blacks...so both black blocs and black blocks don't always see dot to dot...but this time around the black blocs and the black blocks are all on the same page and will be marking for the bloc of blacks who are both black and bloc black....

problem is people vote...

colors don't...

so good luck with the blacks...and all...pretty sure its going to be red ::)