Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cahill?  (Read 1227 times)

bigjoefatz

• View Profile
Cahill?
« on: October 06, 2008, 09:24:31 PM »
I really like them. Worried about their practice as they are heavily tied to Wall Street. Anyone care to opine on what should I do/future outlook for them? (I have other firms that will pay market rate etc. etc. available)

themanwithnoname

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cahill?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 10:06:00 AM »
they do a lot of work with junk bond underwriters. That could be a problem.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 04:46:05 PM »
all of my friends that have worked there loved them.  I know that doesnt speak much for the firm's employment prospects, but I just wanted to throw that out there.  Go look on abovethelaw.com.  They did an article on Cahill and the wall street impact on it recently.  The comments section is probably your best bet for reading stuff from people on the inside.  Very few people outside of law school actually use LSD.

JbooklynD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 09:50:46 PM »
From my three interviews with the firm (oci, callback, offer) I found them to be very professional, yet very easy going with regard to work/life balance, choice of practice area, etc.  I think it comes from the free market system and the flexibility it offers younger associates to work in a variety of areas.  Apparently there is no face time requirement, as long as you get your work done.  A number of associates said they never come into the office on a weekend (but of course, they put in 5-6 hours from home a few times each month).

All in all, I'm leaning towards taking the offer from them, regardless of the junk bond story on ATL, which seems to have been refuted in the comments section.  Plus, I want to do lit anyway.  Only a few days left to decide!