Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Is the summer associate market really bad or is this all in our heads?

I have at least one offer
 54 (72%)
I go to a T14 and have no offers
 4 (5.3%)
I have no offers
 17 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: ...  (Read 7118 times)

flyaway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How's the job search going?
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2008, 08:31:55 AM »
Are people at your school slightly unnerved by that whole offer rescinded thing or has ATL blown it out of proportion?

I haven't noticed anyone being freaked out about it, or even talking about it.  But it did put even more pressure on me to make up my mind, which I did over the weekend.
Michigan Law Class of 2010

sternerstuff

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2008, 04:17:18 PM »
For those of you w/out offers...
Ive solved our problems, or at least those of you that choose to follow. I got slammed in OCI and am pushing my grad date back a year (2011) by jumping into the dual degree program (jd/mba). So 12 months from now I effectively get another shot at that all important 2L OCI, since my grad date is the same as theirs and I can spend summer 2010 at BigLaw. Who else wants to jump deeper into debt and hit the books for another year?

daylighthasbroken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2008, 11:26:39 PM »
Ive solved our problems, or at least those of you that choose to follow. I got slammed in OCI and am pushing my grad date back a year (2011) by jumping into the dual degree program (jd/mba). So 12 months from now I effectively get another shot at that all important 2L OCI, since my grad date is the same as theirs and I can spend summer 2010 at BigLaw. Who else wants to jump deeper into debt and hit the books for another year?

Only worth it if: A) your university has a sweet b-school too (which is, I suppose, true of much of the t14) or B) you think that things will really get much better hiring-wise by next year or that your JD/MBA will prove to be that much more of an asset (which, I suppose, is likely true if you're looking at corporate and A is also true) that you'll get that much of a better job.

daylighthasbroken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2008, 11:28:36 PM »

Only worth it if: A) your university has a sweet b-school too (which is, I suppose, true of much of the t14) or B) you think that things will really get much better hiring-wise by next year or that your JD/MBA will prove to be that much more of an asset (which, I suppose, is likely true if you're looking at corporate and A is also true) that you'll get that much of a better job.