Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: t14 no job!  (Read 2345 times)

lawschoolnojob

• View Profile
t14 no job!
« on: October 05, 2008, 09:40:54 PM »
so I'm in my 2L year at a top 6 school, but no offers, despite plenty of OCI ints and about 8 callbacks. I have 3 call backs I haven't heard from yet.  any tips on nailing an offer? I've already done the thank you note thing.

lawschoolnojob

• View Profile
Re: t14 no job!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 09:59:56 PM »
Yellow:
If I've already said the "I would really like a job here thing in a follow up email(put more diplomatically of course)" is there a purpose to saying anything more especially if i have weak ties to the area?

Right I'm assuming these should be more rejections. wonder what I can do to get an offer.

So how would you go about the targeted emails ASAP-- look for alums and then what say "I see we both attended school X and i would love to work at your firm"?

Any more

lawschoolnojob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 10:16:21 PM »
Yeah, I've gone to CSO like crazy.  Do you think that attorneys not responding to my custom thanks email is an indicator that they did not give me a good review?

SumDood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 11:10:51 PM »
This is weaksauce flame... It was promising, you had Yellow going along for the ride... But that last post was a little too overplayed.

lawschoolnojob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 02:50:30 AM »
this is no flame.  Wish it was. I was simply saying the attorneys generally didn't respond to those thank you emails I sent after the interviews.  i was just posting here for advice which I got from Yellow..  look for the alums. 

lawschoolnojob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 02:55:22 AM »
there's a little more detail about my meetings with CSO and I got some feedback from them too and there are details I don't want to put here which would explain my job seeking probs further.  but im leaving that out b/c I want to keep this totally anon not to ruin my chances any more. 
I know personally of people with only 1 offer who are quite happy about that  and CSO as of last week said there were others with no offers (when I asked if it was just me)

any ideas by the way which markets are hardest/easiest?