Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what happens if I report a testing center?  (Read 6191 times)

Schuggles

• View Profile
Re: what happens if I report a testing center?
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2008, 12:41:48 AM »
I am debating whether to report my test center as well.

~Proctors did not figure out how to use their digital timer before the exam so it beeped incessantly for the first few minutes of the exam before they gave up on it and used one of their watches as the official time.

~The third section of my exam, the proctor ended 3 minutes early.

~A proctor's cell phone went off during the exam.

~Proctors talking and whistling during the exam.

~Spotted a test taker with earplugs (not as annoying the former four offenses but still generally unfair)

I guess I'm worried since I don't know what will happen if do report and whether it will be worth doing so.
Schugglin'

alethea

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2008, 10:13:00 AM »
I am debating whether to report my test center as well.

~Proctors did not figure out how to use their digital timer before the exam so it beeped incessantly for the first few minutes of the exam before they gave up on it and used one of their watches as the official time.

~The third section of my exam, the proctor ended 3 minutes early.

~A proctor's cell phone went off during the exam.

~Proctors talking and whistling during the exam.

~Spotted a test taker with earplugs (not as annoying the former four offenses but still generally unfair)

I guess I'm worried since I don't know what will happen if do report and whether it will be worth doing so.

That, I would report.  Calling time too early and proctors talking would be bad.  But don't expect more than a free retake.  :P

lipslikesugar

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2008, 11:19:48 AM »
HOW MANY TIMES do I have to tell you guys that I DID complain and the proctor/supervisor did NOTHING?????
I think it is ridiculous that some people here are so stupid. If you don't like the topic DON'T read, don't answer. >:(

I was just asking some advice . 

lipslikesugar

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2008, 11:21:04 AM »
I guess I should have called the cops ;D ::) :P

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2008, 11:22:46 AM »
HOW MANY TIMES do I have to tell you guys that I DID complain and the proctor/supervisor did NOTHING?????
I think it is ridiculous that some people here are so stupid. If you don't like the topic DON'T read, don't answer. >:(

*drools* Durr but did you say something while you were in the test?

Seriously, make a formal complaint now and do us all a favour. The backback and minor offenses really don't provide any kind of unfair advantage, but I'm a little pissed about the digital timer allowance. I made every effort to follow the rules, had a stringent proctor that ensured relative fairness, and I don't like that other people had the advantage that I had during PTs.

lipslikesugar

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2008, 02:18:17 PM »

Seriously, make a formal complaint now and do us all a favour. The backback and minor offenses really don't provide any kind of unfair advantage, but I'm a little pissed about the digital timer allowance. I made every effort to follow the rules, had a stringent proctor that ensured relative fairness, and I don't like that other people had the advantage that I had during PTs.

Well, I dd something about 10 seconds before the test. The proctor told me I was correct but did NOTHHING about it.
I think I will contact LSAC today.

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2008, 03:37:08 PM »

DO I HAVE TO RESCIND MY APOLOGY? I'LL DO IT!

(sorry again)

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2008, 11:43:23 PM »

Well, I dd something about 10 seconds before the test. The proctor told me I was correct but did NOTHHING about it.
I think I will contact LSAC today.

I guess you didn't catch my sarcasm. I was parodying those before who clearly didn't get your situation.

In any case, I'm not criticizing you, I think you're in the right and I would advise you to do something now if you're truly outraged.

wienervision

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2008, 12:28:07 AM »
At my testing center, there were no assigned seats, so a group of five friends sat behind
me.  The proctors gave us a five minute break between each section, in which the "gang of five" discussed the section on the test that we had just taken. It was so distracting, a lot of people were getting pissed. I complained to the proctor, who said, "well its not during the test".  Some of these same morons also drank and ate granola bars during the test, even after the proctors gave us a HALF HOUR lunch break to leave the building and do whatever we wanted.  It was all so weird and chaotic, and not what I expected. I must admit the half hour lunch break was nice, but the whole scene was so distracting, it definitely affected my score.  Anyone else ever hear of such lax rules at a testing facility?

jfile-lamb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2008, 09:48:53 AM »
Here at the Law School Admission Council, we are very concerned about the quality of your test environment.  Please tell us where you tested and we will follow up to investigate and to make appropriate improvements at the test center.  Thank you for any information you might share.