Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what happens if I report a testing center?  (Read 6108 times)

CLSHopeful

• View Profile
Re: what happens if I report a testing center?
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 06:58:51 PM »
I was so angry >:( during the test.
Here is why:
there was at least 3 people with foods and drinks on the table;
at least one person using scratch paper;
at least one guy using a digital timer;
at least one guy with a backpack!

what happens if I report the Center?

If you were so bothered why didn't you do something about it when it mattered?

Shut the F up you idiot. If you're gonna die anyway why don't you do us all a favor and kill yourself now.

CLSHopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 07:00:58 PM »
probably b/c she(?) was only bothered after the test didn't go as smoothly as planned, I'm guessing.

Maybe because the supposed authority failed on their part and mere test takers didn't have the nerve to report the crime during the test? The op was taking the LSAT you know and last thing op needs to do is worry about some schmuck not understanding rules.

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 07:10:25 PM »
If you report the center, your score release will be delayed, pending the investigation, and if the complaints prove founded, you will be given a free retake.

lipslikesugar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 07:56:37 PM »
Here is why:

who told you I did not?

???

lipslikesugar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 08:07:31 PM »
The supervisor was an idiot.
He even released the writing sample topic WITH the exam.
Everybody knew what to write about 4 hours  before the writing section.

I was angry . I did call the supervisor and he did NOTHING.
I just decided to forget about it and take my exam.

I don't think I am going to report it because I don't want my scores to be canceled. I just don't think it was a fair test. :o 

hellfish6

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 08:11:02 PM »
Wah.  Someone had food on their desk.  Wah.  Some guy had a digital timer.  Wah.  Stop being a bunch of children.  I bet you are the kid who sat in class and told the teach that they forgot to collect the homework too.  

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 08:33:49 PM »
Here is why:

Shut the F up you idiot. If you're gonna die anyway why don't you do us all a favor and kill yourself now.

I'm not entirely certain my response wasn't out of line, but I am certain that response was.

It's not unreasonable to wonder why, if it bothered the person and it was in their power to fix it, that person didn't do anything? Sure politeness and all that is great, but it doesn't pay off in these situations; you can't trust people to do what is right and sometimes you have to assert yourself.

who told you I did not?

Did you? I felt it was safe to assume you didn't - you could easily stop all the problems by letting the proctor know that there is a large amount of people breaking the established rules and it is distracting.  I imagine you would stop being angry once you complained about it, since the problem should have been fixed. If it wasn't fixed you have a reasonable complaint; if you didn't, I don't have too much pity for you(I do have some though, I'm not completely heartless).

booyakasha45

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 08:40:31 PM »
Here is why:

Wow, that was appropriate.

If I were faced with any of the problems mentioned by the OP and they legitimately bothered me, I would have politely said something to the proctor, or to the people with food/timers/whatever. I asked some guy to switch his chair because it was squeaking. It's not hard to do.

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 08:47:07 PM »
Maybe she did ask these people and they weren't bothered? Honestly, when you are in test taking mode, having to deal with an additional stressor is not ideal. When they screwed up the seating assignments and wanted me to move over I asked if it was alright to remain where I was seated because I'm left handed and they said 'sure' and it was no big deal. But that's a lot different than multiple issues. If the OP did approach the proctor and they did nothing about it, s/he has legitimate reasons for complaint. The rules are in place for a reason and why should someone put effort into preparing for a test if others are allowed to break the rules? It's a personal choice, and from what I've read, they have more than enough reason to complain. Why should we all spend months practicing with an analog watch if someone can just breeze in, and because they didn't real the rules properly, but allowed to get an advantage of precise timing? If it bothered the OP, s/he has reason to complain.

OP - your score won't necessarily be cancelled, it would just be delayed.

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 08:50:52 PM »
Maybe she did ask these people and they weren't bothered? Honestly, when you are in test taking mode, having to deal with an additional stressor is not ideal. When they screwed up the seating assignments and wanted me to move over I asked if it was alright to remain where I was seated because I'm left handed and they said 'sure' and it was no big deal. But that's a lot different than multiple issues. If the OP did approach the proctor and they did nothing about it, s/he has legitimate reasons for complaint. The rules are in place for a reason and why should someone put effort into preparing for a test if others are allowed to break the rules? It's a personal choice, and from what I've read, they have more than enough reason to complain. Why should we all spend months practicing with an analog watch if someone can just breeze in, and because they didn't real the rules properly, but allowed to get an advantage of precise timing? If it bothered the OP, s/he has reason to complain.

OP - your score won't necessarily be cancelled, it would just be delayed.

I think most people agree s/he had reason to complain - but if s/he didn't, I don't think you can completely absolve her/him of responsibility for her own anger.