Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what happens if I report a testing center?  (Read 6045 times)

lipslikesugar

• View Profile
what happens if I report a testing center?
« on: October 05, 2008, 05:22:51 PM »
I was so angry >:( during the test.
Here is why:
there was at least 3 people with foods and drinks on the table;
at least one person using scratch paper;
at least one guy using a digital timer;
at least one guy with a backpack!

what happens if I report the Center?

booyakasha45

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: what happens if I report a testing center?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 05:32:33 PM »
probably nothing...

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 05:39:06 PM »
I was so angry >:( during the test.
Here is why:
there was at least 3 people with foods and drinks on the table;
at least one person using scratch paper;
at least one guy using a digital timer;
at least one guy with a backpack!

what happens if I report the Center?

If you were so bothered why didn't you do something about it when it mattered?

booyakasha45

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 05:44:16 PM »
probably b/c she(?) was only bothered after the test didn't go as smoothly as planned, I'm guessing.

sexonthebeach15

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 05:57:30 PM »
you should report it, and LSAC will seriously investigate it.

they will likely not use that center or supervisor again, or lay out some serious consequences for the aforementioned.  they might also try to look into which examinees it was and investigate their scores, which they should.

there is no evidence the person was using a backpack to help them, but a digital timer and scratch paper DEFINITELY gives a test taker a marked advantage.  i wouldn't have said anything at the test center cause i wouldn't want to piss off the people who are timing and handling my exam, but i mean i didn't have a gallon sized bag and used two quart sized bags, and i called LSAC on the way and they said i could only bring in one bag, not two that were equal to or less than one gallon with regards to how much could fit in it (AND that the top had to be sealed!! my pencils didn't allow the quart sized bag to seal, but the proctor didn't care and i don't think it gave me an unfair advantage to have pencils lol)

genericgrad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 06:00:55 PM »
The proctor forgot to give a five minute warning on one of the sections at my test center. I wonder what would happen if I reported that?

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 06:19:56 PM »
The proctor forgot to give a five minute warning on one of the sections at my test center. I wonder what would happen if I reported that?

I'm sure they would let you retake that section again.

genericgrad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 06:39:39 PM »
Well, they didn't completely forget, they said: "I forgot to give the five minute warning, there is now two minutes left." So they gave a two minute warning instead a of a five minute warning.

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 06:44:20 PM »
I'm not sure why people are being so harsh on the OP - those are serious violations. It's not like someone was allowed to wear a hoodie. The digital timer definitely can give a person an advantage but the most annoying thing (from my perspective) is the food and drink on the table! Not only is it distracting to have something like that in your line of vision but what if the person next to you started drinking water during the test? There are many violations. My guess is that LSAC will investigate it and if they find fault, will give you a re-write for free.

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 06:54:30 PM »
I'm not sure why people are being so harsh on the OP - those are serious violations. It's not like someone was allowed to wear a hoodie. The digital timer definitely can give a person an advantage but the most annoying thing (from my perspective) is the food and drink on the table! Not only is it distracting to have something like that in your line of vision but what if the person next to you started drinking water during the test? There are many violations. My guess is that LSAC will investigate it and if they find fault, will give you a re-write for free.

I think the scratch paper is the worst.  It's not fair that everyone else has to scribble those games in 3 inches of paper  :-\
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.