Law School Discussion

what happens if I report a testing center?

Re: what happens if I report a testing center?
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2008, 07:25:59 PM »
Why should the OP "get over" the fact that other test-takers flaunted the rules with no repercussions? Once you get to LS and start your finals, will you be so cavalier about your neighbor being able to access the internet during the exam or the one who sneaks in a commercial outline when they were expressly prohibited?
This is not a tattletale situation (unlike the asshats in Crim Law who went running to the prof about those of us who surf to remain sane in class). These were flagrant violations of clearly-stated rules and if OP wants to report them to LSAC I support the effort.

People who tell other people to "get over it" deserve to have their asses kicked, PS.

However, if one was bent on pusring such a program, one would be best advised to pursue it with the proctor on site.  After the fact, nothing will be established and nothing will be done.

just saying.

Yeah, maybe so. I don't know if I'd be thrilled to mess with my test-taking mojo to confab with the proctor just to have them (probably) scoff at me. I'm sure the easy-going proctors think they're being cool by being lax and wouldn't appreciate being called out. That might mess with my concentration.
But maybe in the future, whoever has an issue with violations can address the proctor after the test and let them know they'd be making a report to LSAC. Too late to fix the issue but still getting it on record.

Why should the OP "get over" the fact that other test-takers flaunted the rules with no repercussions? Once you get to LS and start your finals, will you be so cavalier about your neighbor being able to access the internet during the exam or the one who sneaks in a commercial outline when they were expressly prohibited?
This is not a tattletale situation (unlike the asshats in Crim Law who went running to the prof about those of us who surf to remain sane in class). These were flagrant violations of clearly-stated rules and if OP wants to report them to LSAC I support the effort.

People who tell other people to "get over it" deserve to have their asses kicked, PS.

point is, he/she didn't complain when he/she had the chance. so unless he/she wants to *maybe* take it over again in a couple weeks or months, I'll say it again, get over it.

You're lame.

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2008, 07:26:57 PM »

However, if one was bent on pusring such a program, one would be best advised to pursue it with the proctor on site.  After the fact, nothing will be established and nothing will be done.

just saying.

Yeah, maybe so. I don't know if I'd be thrilled to mess with my test-taking mojo to confab with the proctor just to have them (probably) scoff at me. I'm sure the easy-going proctors think they're being cool by being lax and wouldn't appreciate being called out. That might mess with my concentration.
But maybe in the future, whoever has an issue with violations can address the proctor after the test and let them know they'd be making a report to LSAC. Too late to fix the issue but still getting it on record.

point is, he/she didn't complain when he/she had the chance. so unless he/she wants to *maybe* take it over again in a couple weeks or months, I'll say it again, get over it.

You're lame.

your face is lame. OHHHHHHHH.  :D yeah. i showed you.

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2008, 07:31:16 PM »
Do you call the police when you see someone make a rolling stop?  

Or better yet, do you EVER do anything, that might be over the line of what is allowed in the rules?

These kids either didn't know better, or they decided to see what they could get away with.  If it was big enough to warrant complaining (like blatant cheating, maybe) then the OP should have protested then and there.  In the long run, who cares?  You would be pissed if someone who had no stake in the issue called and reported you for something minor.  Yet you have no problem saying that anyone who thinks that the OP was overreacting should be subjected to physical violence.  I'm sure you were joking, by the way.  But people who get hung up on whether or not other people are following the letter of the law, when what they are doing doesn't affect them or really matter or affect them in anyway, remind me of those little children in 1984 who gleefully reported their family and neighbors to the thought-police.  I bet you are all going to end up as prosecutors.  Blech.

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2008, 07:33:18 PM »
Do you call the police when you see someone make a rolling stop?  

Or better yet, do you EVER do anything, that might be over the line of what is allowed in the rules?

These kids either didn't know better, or they decided to see what they could get away with.  If it was big enough to warrant complaining (like blatant cheating, maybe) then the OP should have protested then and there.  In the long run, who cares?  You would be pissed if someone who had no stake in the issue called and reported you for something minor.  Yet you have no problem saying that anyone who thinks that the OP was overreacting should be subjected to physical violence.  I'm sure you were joking, by the way.  But people who get hung up on whether or not other people are following the letter of the law, when what they are doing doesn't affect them or really matter or affect them in anyway, remind me of those little children in 1984 who gleefully reported their family and neighbors to the thought-police.  I bet you are all going to end up as prosecutors.  Blech.

thank you

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2008, 07:34:35 PM »
Situation in a controlled, standardized, and proctored test =/= situation in real world.

See my advice, above.

Thank you.

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2008, 07:35:14 PM »

I thought the OP did complain, and the proctor did nothing.  Quite frankly, she did what she could, and then got over it and took the test, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have a right to be upset that people broke the rules, she complained, and nothing was fixed. Not her fault.  And she got over it.

The supervisor was an idiot.
He even released the writing sample topic WITH the exam.
Everybody knew what to write about 4 hours  before the writing section.

I was angry . I did call the supervisor and he did NOTHING.
I just decided to forget about it and take my exam.

I don't think I am going to report it because I don't want my scores to be canceled. I just don't think it was a fair test. :o 

/end thread

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2008, 07:35:47 PM »
Situation in a controlled, standardized, and proctored test =/= situation in real world.

See my advice, above.

Thank you.

You just preempted my reply to this little debate.

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2008, 07:36:34 PM »

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2008, 07:42:59 PM »

tcwhat

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2008, 08:04:19 PM »
The supervisor was an idiot.
He even released the writing sample topic WITH the exam.
Everybody knew what to write about 4 hours  before the writing section.

I was angry . I did call the supervisor and he did NOTHING.
I just decided to forget about it and take my exam.

I don't think I am going to report it because I don't want my scores to be canceled. I just don't think it was a fair test. :o 

Knowing this you have a legitimate beef.

I withdraw all my posts on this matter and apologize slightly less than profusely because I did give you some pity to begin with.