Law School Discussion

what happens if I report a testing center?

Re: what happens if I report a testing center?
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 06:08:30 PM »
At best?

They'll let you take the LSAT again for free.

good luck.

:)

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 06:22:35 PM »
If you write an impassioned letter, they will probably just add 3-5 points to your score...

Seriously though, life is unfair.  Consider this an exercise in what the real world is like.  Who gives an F if one person was using a digital timer?  They have an "unfair advantage" that most everyone who took the LSAT prior to this last year or so had.  Whoop-di-do.  Food on the desk.  Backpack.  Come on.  If they made noise, you could have asked them to stop. 

Don't be one of those people who is constantly on the lookout for other people to blame for everything bad that happens to them.   

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2008, 06:39:26 PM »
If you write an impassioned letter, they will probably just add 3-5 points to your score...

Seriously though, life is unfair.  Consider this an exercise in what the real world is like.  Who gives an F if one person was using a digital timer?  They have an "unfair advantage" that most everyone who took the LSAT prior to this last year or so had.  Whoop-di-do.  Food on the desk.  Backpack.  Come on.  If they made noise, you could have asked them to stop. 

Don't be one of those people who is constantly on the lookout for other people to blame for everything bad that happens to them.  

Why is no one mentioning the fact that someone used scratch paper?  That is a big deal, and I think a legitimate reason to be pissed

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2008, 06:43:08 PM »
Not really.  I mean, do you honestly think that having scratch paper would help you that much?  I never had difficulty with the amount of room they give you.  At the same time, that doesn't really affect YOU personally.  I mean, you could argue that it might screw up the curve, but that's kind of silly really...

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2008, 06:52:58 PM »
Not really.  I mean, do you honestly think that having scratch paper would help you that much?  I never had difficulty with the amount of room they give you.  At the same time, that doesn't really affect YOU personally.  I mean, you could argue that it might screw up the curve, but that's kind of silly really...

Usually no, I don't think it would help me that much.  Would it be nice? Yes.  Could it help? Yes.  Does someone else having scratch paper affect me personally? No way.  I just think the whole point of all of those rules is that no one gets an unfair advantage and no one disturbs anyone else.  That's why everyone should have to follow them, regardless of the fact that one or two people breaking the rules doesn't hurt anyone.  Would I complain to LSAC about?  I highly doubt it, but it doesn't change the fact that it's somewhat unfair.

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2008, 07:04:33 PM »
No proctor is perfect. Stuff like this is bound to happen, just like some people are bound to get fascists for proctors. I got the former, and saw hoodies EVERYWHERE. Was it obnoxious since I obsessed over the rules and what I could/could not bring? yes. did I say anything? nope. get over it.

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2008, 07:15:42 PM »
Why should the OP "get over" the fact that other test-takers flaunted the rules with no repercussions? Once you get to LS and start your finals, will you be so cavalier about your neighbor being able to access the internet during the exam or the one who sneaks in a commercial outline when they were expressly prohibited?
This is not a tattletale situation (unlike the asshats in Crim Law who went running to the prof about those of us who surf to remain sane in class). These were flagrant violations of clearly-stated rules and if OP wants to report them to LSAC I support the effort.

People who tell other people to "get over it" deserve to have their asses kicked, PS.

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2008, 07:17:19 PM »
Why should the OP "get over" the fact that other test-takers flaunted the rules with no repercussions? Once you get to LS and start your finals, will you be so cavalier about your neighbor being able to access the internet during the exam or the one who sneaks in a commercial outline when they were expressly prohibited?
This is not a tattletale situation (unlike the asshats in Crim Law who went running to the prof about those of us who surf to remain sane in class). These were flagrant violations of clearly-stated rules and if OP wants to report them to LSAC I support the effort.

People who tell other people to "get over it" deserve to have their asses kicked, PS.

However, if one is bent on pursuing such a program, one would be best advised to pursue it with the proctor on site.  After the fact, nothing will be established and nothing will be done.

just saying.

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2008, 07:17:38 PM »

Agreed. Well put.

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2008, 07:24:37 PM »

point is, he/she didn't complain when he/she had the chance. so unless he/she wants to *maybe* take it over again in a couple weeks or months, I'll say it again, get over it.