Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: *** Official *** OMG Should I CANCEL??? thread, Oct 08 edition  (Read 3638 times)

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
*** Official *** OMG Should I CANCEL??? thread, Oct 08 edition
« on: October 05, 2008, 11:47:45 AM »
Put your questions about canceling here so we don't have 98374982734 identical threads.

blairchuckalways

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN data
Re: *** Official *** OMG Should I CANCEL??? thread, Oct 08 edition
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 12:06:55 PM »
Okay, I'll be the first to bite. There's so much going around about which LR was the experimental. I had three LR sections, my first was inordinately difficult (and I don't think it had any parallel reasoning), and my second/third were relatively easy.

I don't remember what questions I had on the first section, but I'm fairly sure all three of my LR sections had 25 questions.

So, is my first section experimental? If it isn't I'm probs gonna cancel. If not, then I'll wait it out. Thoughts?

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 12:11:25 PM »
I don't know which one's LRs are experimental, but for you Pie, I don't think you should cancel.  Based on all your posts and everything, you seem to have a good grasp on the material and you have a strong app as well.  I would wait out your score, and if you're not 100% happy you can retake in December and not really be any worse off. 
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

blairchuckalways

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN data
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 12:17:02 PM »
Thanks Blue,

I'm doing serious soul-searching with my family to figure out what to do if my score is really subpar. I feel like I just invested a million dollars in the lottery -- big investment, no idea about the payoff.

If I don't do so hot, I'll probably end up waiting til next cycle to apply. I don't really feel like dealing with the LSAT again this year, especially after all the studying. Plus I need to forget those PT questions :)

I guess the key is to remember that life isn't over with an LSAT score. Hard to swallow, I know, especially the day after, but it's not. There's always another option, and luckily I'm young so I can wait.

Best of luck to everyone! *crosses fingers*

Spor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 12:20:20 PM »
Okay, I'll be the first to bite. There's so much going around about which LR was the experimental. I had three LR sections, my first was inordinately difficult (and I don't think it had any parallel reasoning), and my second/third were relatively easy.

I don't remember what questions I had on the first section, but I'm fairly sure all three of my LR sections had 25 questions.

So, is my first section experimental? If it isn't I'm probs gonna cancel. If not, then I'll wait it out. Thoughts?
I feel the exact same way about my test.  I had 3 LR sections and the first I felt was either hard or I just choked under pressure.  The next 2 were pretty easy, much more normal.  So for the sake of both of us I hope that first LR was experimental. 

PS.  Don't cancel, most schools just take the top score anyway. 

Edit after your second post:  You sound exactly like me.  I have the exact same mindset about waiting a year to apply because I'm just so tired of the LSAT.
I want this and I won't be denied.

CLSHopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 12:53:28 PM »
i canceled. i know my performance and it was nowhere near where it should be. LSAT will determine your future career and where you will study law. it's worth spending 2 more months perfecting your skills than be tired at this point. im gunning hard for december lsat, and this time i won't be surprised.

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 12:54:19 PM »

I feel the exact same way about my test.  I had 3 LR sections and the first I felt was either hard or I just choked under pressure.  The next 2 were pretty easy, much more normal.  So for the sake of both of us I hope that first LR was experimental. 

PS.  Don't cancel, most schools just take the top score anyway. 

Edit after your second post:  You sound exactly like me.  I have the exact same mindset about waiting a year to apply because I'm just so tired of the LSAT.

That mindset, for me, faded a couple days after I took the test - I remember thinking in September 07 that I never wanted to see that test again and then it shifting to being upset that I let the test get the best of me. I then canceled and took it again in February(and then again in September, for altogether different reasons).

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 03:25:55 PM »
I didn't find the first LR section difficult at all actually. But I did find it unusual that there were so many easy questions both at the beginning and end of the section. And no parallel reasoning.

Section 3 (LR) had 26 questions. I probably had the "most trouble" with this section, only because I was a bit distracted with the RC section preceeding it. I think I finished all LR with a few minutes to spare though. Apparantly from what I've heard though, it seems as though this might be the experimental - despite its seeming regularity.

sexonthebeach15

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 03:57:54 PM »
^^ i couldn't believe how many of the questions on LR were main point/MBT!!  (i had a LG experimental so i know both of my LR's counted)

i think i had maybe 2 parallels on each LR section, and while i skipped them and went back to them at the end, i think i got at least one correct on each section so i'm happy with that performance.

but yeah, i was so surprised that there were so few strengthen and weaken.  it seemed like (relatively easy) assumptions, flaw, and MBT questions populated LR this time.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 04:01:04 PM »
^^ i couldn't believe how many of the questions on LR were main point/MBT!!  (i had a LG experimental so i know both of my LR's counted)

i think i had maybe 2 parallels on each LR section, and while i skipped them and went back to them at the end, i think i got at least one correct on each section so i'm happy with that performance.

but yeah, i was so surprised that there were so few strengthen and weaken.  it seemed like (relatively easy) assumptions, flaw, and MBT questions populated LR this time.

justify also