Law School Discussion

*** Official *** OMG Should I CANCEL??? thread, Oct 08 edition

Stephx52

Re: *** Official *** OMG Should I CANCEL??? thread, Oct 08 edition
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 11:29:52 PM »
Thanks Blue,

I'm doing serious soul-searching with my family to figure out what to do if my score is really subpar. I feel like I just invested a million dollars in the lottery -- big investment, no idea about the payoff.

If I don't do so hot, I'll probably end up waiting til next cycle to apply. I don't really feel like dealing with the LSAT again this year, especially after all the studying. Plus I need to forget those PT questions :)

I guess the key is to remember that life isn't over with an LSAT score. Hard to swallow, I know, especially the day after, but it's not. There's always another option, and luckily I'm young so I can wait.

Best of luck to everyone! *crosses fingers*

I'm doing this too... if I'm not happy with my score, I'm going to apply next year and retake next June. There's no way I'll get into the schools that I want if I apply after December.  :-\

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2008, 05:51:32 AM »
I didn't find the first LR section difficult at all actually. But I did find it unusual that there were so many easy questions both at the beginning and end of the section. And no parallel reasoning.

Section 3 (LR) had 26 questions. I probably had the "most trouble" with this section, only because I was a bit distracted with the RC section preceeding it. I think I finished all LR with a few minutes to spare though. Apparantly from what I've heard though, it seems as though this might be the experimental - despite its seeming regularity.

This is exactly what happened to me. I didn't feel poorly about RC, but I felt more rushed than normal which threw me off for the LR section that followed. I found it much more difficult than I probably should have and felt even more rushed. I'm doing a happy dance at the fact it seems most likely to be the experimental. In fact when I talked to my mother afterward I said, "let's pray my 3rd section was the experimental!".

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 08:38:35 AM »
my difficult section started with socrates and it's official, it was real. it was my first section, it was super hard, and i had this order to my test:

LR RC LR LR LG
Woah, it looks like we took the exact same test.  Are you certain that the first one wasn't experimental and the third one was?  That doesn't bode well for me, the 1st LR cleaned my clock and the 2nd LR (the 3rd section of the test) was something I did really well on  :-[

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 03:03:34 PM »
I didn't think it was bad either

I agree.

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 04:04:14 PM »
On a sidenote. Diahhhbeeeetusssss. Just throwing that out there. :p

EarlCat

• i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2008, 08:01:33 PM »
I just banned several users from this thread, and it breaks my heart.  I don't want to do it again, so please pay attention.

STOP POSTING ABOUT THE CONTENT OF THE OCTOBER LSAT!!!!!!!  YOU WILL BE BANNED UNTIL AFTER SCORES COME OUT!!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 02:11:36 PM »
If I took the OCtober 08 LSAT and the February 08 and December 07, can I still take the December 08?

If so, i need to cancel the October, otherwise, I guess I'll hvae to pray for the best on the Oct results and APPLY.

EarlCat

• i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2008, 03:45:52 PM »
I think you can only take 3 times in 2 years.  Check LSAC to be sure.

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2008, 06:08:30 PM »
Did anyone else take this test abroad?  Think it may have been totally different...I had LG RC LR LG LR and am trying to nail down which LG was experimental.  Is the experimental section always in the first 3 sections?

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2008, 06:53:50 PM »
Did anyone else take this test abroad?  Think it may have been totally different...I had LG RC LR LG LR and am trying to nail down which LG was experimental.  Is the experimental section always in the first 3 sections?

Yes. Your first LG was experimental.