Law School Discussion

*** Official *** OMG Should I CANCEL??? thread, Oct 08 edition

Re: *** Official *** OMG Should I CANCEL??? thread, Oct 08 edition
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 02:15:38 PM »
I had two easy LR sections and one difficult one that I ran out of time on (rarely ever happens, I had 7 minutes and 4 minutes left on the other two sections).  I was able to confirm that the difficult one was the experimental.  Hope that helps!

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 02:19:13 PM »
I had two easy LR sections and one difficult one that I ran out of time on (rarely ever happens, I had 7 minutes and 4 minutes left on the other two sections).  I was able to confirm that the difficult one was the experimental.  Hope that helps!

Which format did you have and what section did you run out of time with?

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 02:19:44 PM »
I one had 2 lr sections and both only had 25 questions. I am just hoping a didnt skip a question and mess up my whole bubble sheet, but i guess there is no way in knowing :/

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 02:21:12 PM »
I one had 2 lr sections and both only had 25 questions. I am just hoping a didnt skip a question and mess up my whole bubble sheet, but i guess there is no way in knowing :/

Lol.. I actually had a nightmare about that last night. Then I woke up and started thinking about misbubbling.

Needless to say I didn't get much sleep.

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 03:23:52 PM »
my difficult section started with socrates and it's official, it was real. it was my first section, it was super hard, and i had this order to my test:

LR RC LR LR LG

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 03:45:10 PM »
I didn't find the first LR section difficult at all actually. But I did find it unusual that there were so many easy questions both at the beginning and end of the section. And no parallel reasoning.

Section 3 (LR) had 26 questions. I probably had the "most trouble" with this section, only because I was a bit distracted with the RC section preceeding it. I think I finished all LR with a few minutes to spare though. Apparantly from what I've heard though, it seems as though this might be the experimental - despite its seeming regularity.

Wait, are you sure your first LR had no parallel reasoning?

Because it's pretty clear section 3 (your second LR) was your experimental (based on 100 being the total possible). But for those of us who had three 25 question LRs, we can definitively attest to having a parallel flaw question at the very beginning of section 1. Could it be that for those of us with the LR RC LR LR LG format, some people had the experimental in section 3 and others section 1?

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 03:58:46 PM »
hey yodawg,

yup my third was my experimental. apologies if anything came off unclear.

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 08:15:27 PM »
I was reluctant to post one of these, but I'm curious about the responses.  I canceled June, and took October.  I really don't know how I did, which is why I'm considering canceling; two canceled scores does not look good.  The first section was hard (LR), but I think it was my experimental (no need to continue the exp debate).  I scored a 169 on the 9/07 Preptest Friday morning, and averaged 162 on PT's overall.  If I do cancel, I'll take June '09 and apply next fall.  Should I cancel?  But, will my LORs be accepted next fall?

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 08:32:46 PM »
Yes your letters will carry over, no, don't cancel.  You are never going to have a perfect test.  Unless you messed up majorly, just stick it out.  If you don't like what you got and you think you have a reasonable chance of doing a LOT better, retake.  Otherwise you probably aren't going to do much better the next time.

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 09:14:03 PM »
Well, if you remember it being in those sections it is pretty much confirmed then.  Unless several people lied to me!  In that case, at least I will feel better up until results day.