Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Prep Question  (Read 345 times)

stbjm02

• View Profile
    • Email
LSAT Prep Question
« on: October 05, 2008, 12:52:53 AM »
I have been through both Powerscore Bibles and about 15 PrepTests. My score range is 158-164. I want to get up into the upper 160s low 170s and I am taking the December test. I planned on finishing up with 25 more preptests and the LSAT Superprep. Is there anything I should add? My mai problem is with the reading comprehension.

alethea

• View Profile
Re: LSAT Prep Question
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 09:32:05 PM »
It depends upon whether or not your problem with RC is time or comprehension.  I would suggest going untimed on the RC sections until you can get almost everything correct, and then lowering your time until you can comfortably finish within the allotted 35 minutes.  Also, I would read a lot in the meantime.  Pick up some scientific journals, a business publication, a complicated textbook, and maybe some dry philosophical texts.  Read for an hour or so each night, but make sure you are really focusing on and try to understand/analyze what you are reading. 

Preptests over and over will help.  You'll start to pick up patterns. 

Pay attention to health, diet and exercise.  Keep a clear mind for prep, and for the test.  Don't overdo it on caffeine in the weeks leading up to the test.  If you do, you'll start going through withdrawal/tolerance issues that will make you less than clear on test day.  Eat a lot of protein.