Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Pretty much in tears..  (Read 2749 times)

hopeful1985

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Pretty much in tears..
« on: October 04, 2008, 11:08:17 PM »
I sat through Section 1 (exp. Games I hear) felt defeated on the third and fourth games and moved into Section 2 (LR) and literally was in a glaze as i read over the first argument. I became grossly sick, and then with a panic tanic, tears came down and spilled all over Question 1. 6 minutes later Im STILL on question 1 because I was just reading the words for the letters that comprise the word and not retaining meaning out of those words you know?

HERES MY QUESTION: I canceled my score immediately. Re-taking in December and developing a strategy that wont let this happen to me again. Am I screwed applying late like this?

You read far too often on this site.. EARLY ACTION EARLY DECISION EARLY THIS AND THAT and Ive had such an overwhelmingly frustrating day. If anyone out there can offer some insight, whether it be positive or negative, as long as it's respectful I would love to hear it because Im crying out for help here. Ive vested so much of myself on this exam and look what happened to me..

In tears I raised my hand and gave my proctor my canceled scantron by the time she said turn to section 3 and left the room  :'(

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Pretty much in tears..
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 11:27:24 PM »
Of course there is always a way out. The best advice I can give (or what I would do in your situation) is get all your applications sorted, polished and set up to go to the law schools you want and as soon as you can, send them off to universities.  Take a break from the LSAT while you do this, just so that you don't get burnt out and sick of the test. After that by mid to end of October, get back into studying so you stay fresh. As long as you felt you were properly prepped, I would go easy and just do a PT or two every week unless there is something specific you want to focus on. You're not going to be in top position getting your application to 'complete' in December, but you are far from screwed. And in the mean time, process how/why you panicked and how you can overcome that in the future.

That must have been some LG experimental - seems like a lot of people found it wreaked havoc with how they handled the rest of the test.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 11:50:17 PM »
I don't like the idea of late applications.  Too many doors have closed, and taking a year off to get in a better school (and possibly $$$) is well worth it imho.

j23

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 11:57:02 PM »
Yeah, I think it is kind of unfair that different test takers have different experimental sections. I had the same logic games section first, and I found it to be brutal. It definitely took a toll on me as I went into the next sections. It probably wouldn't be a bad thing if LSAC got rid of experimental sections period.

hopeful1985

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 12:13:42 AM »
Of course there is always a way out. The best advice I can give (or what I would do in your situation) is get all your applications sorted, polished and set up to go to the law schools you want and as soon as you can, send them off to universities.  Take a break from the LSAT while you do this, just so that you don't get burnt out and sick of the test. After that by mid to end of October, get back into studying so you stay fresh. As long as you felt you were properly prepped, I would go easy and just do a PT or two every week unless there is something specific you want to focus on. You're not going to be in top position getting your application to 'complete' in December, but you are far from screwed. And in the mean time, process how/why you panicked and how you can overcome that in the future.

That must have been some LG experimental - seems like a lot of people found it wreaked havoc with how they handled the rest of the test.

Meggo, thank you for your response. I can send out applications with everything OTHER than an LSAT score and then update the file with an LSAT score later on to become complete?

I already have everything set to go- personal statement, diversity statement, resume, lor's etc. What should I do?

j23

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 12:23:36 AM »
Dont feel bad hopeful1985, someone in the classroom I was in quit in during the second section, too. You will be ready for the next one!

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 12:24:23 AM »
I have seen someone who had a "mediocre" score from a Dec. exam, a 165 I think, and was applying to T14 and she submitted an addendum with her applications saying she would be retaking in Feb. if they could please not consider her applications until that score was released and she was still accepted at some schools with that score. I see no problem with applying and seeing how it turns out, and if it doesn't go your way then reapply next fall.

hopeful1985

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 12:34:17 AM »
Dont feel bad hopeful1985, someone in the classroom I was in quit in during the second section, too. You will be ready for the next one!

lol where did you take your exam at? could have been me. i actually left during section 2 (although i posted 3 here it was really close to section 3 hehe)

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 01:34:33 AM »
A friend of mine took the test in December and was just fine.  Another misbubbled on the December test, so he took the February test and was just fine as well.  He wrote an addendum to all of the schools though, so that they knew to wait for the second LSAT score.

LSATstruggle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 04:10:52 AM »
Next time try a bunch of energy drinks and a lot of sleep. It heleped me.  I don't know how accurate i was but the test felt like another prep test after i drunk a red bull, 5 hour and slept well.  I think taking the test regular was a problem for me because just the stress of being there saps energy from you.