Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Headquarters Office versus Regional Office  (Read 2632 times)

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Headquarters Office versus Regional Office
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 05:50:55 PM »
good litigation, you save money on dry cleaning, and they are kind of nuts.

Nuts how?

read abovethelaw.com  one of their partners converted a treadmill into a desk and does work while walking every day.  kinda crazy. 

I have a friend that worked at Quinn.  She loved it.  I interviewed there this year and thought they were great.  I wasnt really what they were looking for, but it seems like a great place. They have grown really really fast but seem to be maintaining growing their reputation just as fast.

themanwithnoname

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 06:34:52 PM »
i mean both that there are some eccentric people (the treadmill guy, the partner who takes summer associates on really dangerous hiking trips) and they are kind of intense. The people who work there really seem to love it though.

pig floyd

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 08:38:38 PM »
read abovethelaw.com  one of their partners converted a treadmill into a desk and does work while walking every day.  kinda crazy. 

That's not crazy.
I hate science because I refuse to assume that a discipline based in large part on the continual scrapping and renewal of ideas is unconditionally correct in a given area.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 11:03:52 PM »

That's not crazy.

I think it is.  to be a partner and in a prestigious firm and actually charge clients while you are on a treadmill all day is a little crazy.

pig floyd

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 11:07:25 PM »
I think it is.  to be a partner and in a prestigious firm and actually charge clients while you are on a treadmill all day is a little crazy.

I beg to differ.

I'm a pacer.  Should I not charge clients while I'm pacing talking on the phone?

The science behind the treadmill thing is dead on.  Some people simply burn more calories because we fidget more during the day.  I'm one of those people.
I hate science because I refuse to assume that a discipline based in large part on the continual scrapping and renewal of ideas is unconditionally correct in a given area.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 12:30:07 AM »
well, you can disagree.  I just dont think its possible to read a case and fully absorb it while on a treadmill.  It has to kill the concentration.  I dont think there is anything wrong with pacing and talking on the phone.  Im just saying, it is a little strange to put a treadmill in your office and do work.  To each his own.

pig floyd

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 12:34:44 AM »
well, you can disagree.  I just dont think its possible to read a case and fully absorb it while on a treadmill.  It has to kill the concentration.  I dont think there is anything wrong with pacing and talking on the phone.  Im just saying, it is a little strange to put a treadmill in your office and do work.  To each his own.

You're clearly not a pacer.

Private David Lewis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2008, 12:43:06 AM »
I'm working for Quinn next summer.  I like them.  They work a lot.  Definitely not a lifestyle firm. 
The main partner in their Entertainment Law group went to CLS, but he was Fiske and on LR, so be careful.  You don't want to set yourself goals that are too high.

pig floyd

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 12:45:59 AM »
I'm working for Quinn next summer.  I like them.  They work a lot.  Definitely not a lifestyle firm. 

Requesting a treadmill office?   :)

Private David Lewis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 12:46:52 AM »

Requesting a treadmill office?   :)

Hah, no.  I don't think I would get much of a rush from a 1.5 mph walk. 
The main partner in their Entertainment Law group went to CLS, but he was Fiske and on LR, so be careful.  You don't want to set yourself goals that are too high.