Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I feel so defeated!!  (Read 4054 times)

eslite119

• View Profile
Re: I feel so defeated!!
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 07:29:06 PM »
I had LG for my first section and it was an experimental.  Two signs kinda gave it away.  One was that the first game literally covered the page and no areas to decently diagram the rules (and it was a grouping game, too).  Two was that there was one question that was unconvetional compared to other games questions. 

Funny thing happened during the first section.  My proctor forgot to call stop after 35 minutes so everyone had like extra 7 minutes to keep working.  Too bad my first section was experimental.

I had RC for my third section and after not properly getting through the last passage, I also felt defeated and part of me kinda gave up during the subsequent sections.  Right now I'm trying to figure out how well I did on the RC, but I'm considering to cancel my score.

heyhithere

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 07:48:45 PM »
I'm considering canceling my score too.  I gave up as well, though I was really trying not to give up.  I don't know though.  Now that they're not normally averaging test scores, is it worth canceling?
The Dude Abides

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 07:56:09 PM »
It's a tough call. After my June test I didn't feel confident going in, but I thought I did decently. At least 165+. And I got a 159 and I wish I had cancelled. This test, being a retake, I also majorly bombed the last game (and part of the third) and as I said elsewhere, was pretty much on the verge of tears heading into the last section and thought 'should I walk out now?' but all I have on file is a 159 and I sure was not retaking this test again and I had paid for it so I was just literally like 'f*ck this' and pretty much tore through the last section with some sort of rage focus and finished it incredibly early (about 10 - 12 minutes to spare). So the point is - you will never know until you get it. I thought I did okay last time and did terribly and I bombed part of one section this time and I may have still done terribly. If you want to apply for next year I would probably just ride it out but if you are not, then I would probably cancel because it's not worth having a really low score on your report if you have the time to redo it.

LessThanLiz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 08:01:21 PM »
I'm not sure about everyone else, but how I think I did on the LSAT rarely ever predicts how I actually performed, because I almost always come out with this cautious optimism; however, the time I felt I performed the worst (on a PT) I ended up scoring a 171 - my highest. So, I suppose if it were me, I'd wait. I'm actually concerned that I feel semi-confident (thanks to the girls I drove with being so panicky afterwards) about my performance.

heyhithere

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 08:03:43 PM »
Yeah I understand that perception can be really off because of that extra emotional dimension that's there with the real test.  However, when you have to guess through 10 questions because you didn't make it, I don't know if it's about being off perceptually so much.  I'm virtually positive I scored worse than I did on my first practice test a month ago.
The Dude Abides

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 08:46:47 PM »
Imagine i felt after the FEB test. The FEB test is basically the experimental section times 5.  I felt so dumb after the test and my score felt it. Worst thing is you don't get the report back to see your mistakes. So i scored lower then i did on my diagonostic and did not know where to improve.

The first section today seem like a repeat. i was like here we go again. But then when i noticed the problems becoming basic again i felt better.

I hate hearing this. I'm taking in either Dec. or Feb., with Feb. being the best for my schedule. I've heard people say there is a difference in Feb., and I've also heard people say there isnt. I just can't figure out why the LSAC would have a "different" test.

Maybe I'll PM you, I don't want to derail heyhithere's thread.

heyhithere - sorry to hear about your experience. If there is any good to take from it, perhaps it's that if you decide to retake you'll be a stronger LSAT'er.
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN

augusta

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 09:40:30 PM »
It's a tough call. After my June test I didn't feel confident going in, but I thought I did decently. At least 165+. And I got a 159 and I wish I had cancelled. This test, being a retake, I also majorly bombed the last game (and part of the third) and as I said elsewhere, was pretty much on the verge of tears heading into the last section and thought 'should I walk out now?' but all I have on file is a 159 and I sure was not retaking this test again and I had paid for it so I was just literally like 'f*ck this' and pretty much tore through the last section with some sort of rage focus and finished it incredibly early (about 10 - 12 minutes to spare). So the point is - you will never know until you get it. I thought I did okay last time and did terribly and I bombed part of one section this time and I may have still done terribly. If you want to apply for next year I would probably just ride it out but if you are not, then I would probably cancel because it's not worth having a really low score on your report if you have the time to redo it.

titcr. I walked out feeling terrible, but am now focusing on all the other things I have to do. All we can do is wait; and I paid for it, damn it, I'll take what I get. If it turns out to be disappointing, well, I'll retake, and I'll know better what to expect going into the next (re: environment, my own psyche, etc).

I'll tell you what though: it's reconfirmed my decision to go to law school, and that is a great motivator. After I left I started feeling so down on myself--"maybe you're just not cut out to be a lawyer", that kind of thing. But that's a load of #&$&, and happily it only took me a few hours to realize it.  ;) Now I'm concentrating on what I need to do to get where I want to be--whether that means retaking, or waiting til next cycle, or whathaveyou.

WHew, ok, I'm nixing the cheerleader talk.  :)
3.67/Oct. LSAT

eslite119

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 12:03:00 AM »
I'm considering canceling my score too.  I gave up as well, though I was really trying not to give up.  I don't know though.  Now that they're not normally averaging test scores, is it worth canceling?

I just had a live chat with other forum members and it appears that I did pretty well on other sections besides RC.  By being optimistic, I'd say I might have 170.  On the other, I might have around mid 160 or lower.  It is true that law schools generally take the highest, but most top lawschools still averages the score.  I'm gonna sleep on this a little bit since I still have time.  However, I don't see myself risking on being stuck with low score when I could've done a lot better.

genericgrad

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 12:35:55 AM »
I too felt like crap walking out of the test center today. I think it was kind of shock to actually sit through a real live test instead of just doing practice tests at home. I opened up the booklet and kind of went into shock and froze up.  I keep on telling myself that if all else fails I can always take the test again in December and get my apps in by early January. Mostly all schools take the highest score, and I will be better prepared to deal with the stress next time. Hurray for December!

heyhithere

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 06:03:12 AM »
I'm now all but certain I'm not going to score the test.  If I just felt I did bad, but still completed the sections, I'd go ahead and turn it in.  But, I know without question I did bad, because I didn't complete 3 of the scored sections.  With RC, from 17-27 were all 'D'.  I know I had 4 on the first LR I simply labeled 'D' without looking, and on the last one I know it was between 5-7.  I've not been like that since the early practice tests I was doing (because I lacked the stamina, speed, timing, etc.). 
The Dude Abides