Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I feel so defeated!!  (Read 4023 times)

heyhithere

• View Profile
I feel so defeated!!
« on: October 04, 2008, 06:28:58 PM »
I had the test where there were two LG sections.  One section was at the first of the test and the other was in section 4.  I assume that section 4 was the real LG section because it was a lot easier (and more in line with the LG sections I've been doing).  Well, after I couldn't complete the 4th game of that first section and time was called, I felt I had "lost the game".  I really worked hard on LG sections and I was getting really good at them, so to not be able to finish a section felt like a big time defeat.  I think had a LR  and RC section following respectively.  I could NOT concentrate after that first section because I felt so defeated.  I would even try to tell myself that it was very well an experimental section, but it simply didn't matter.  I ended up reading and re-reading so many sentences after that, I had tons of guesses at the end. 

Now realizing that it was an experimental section for sure, it's even more frustrating!
The Dude Abides

LSATstruggle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I feel so defeated!!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 06:33:32 PM »
Don't feel bad. The girl i talked had the same feeling. She had an expeirmental RC and could not focus after.

A huge problem is lack of sleep. I took xanax the night before so i was not stressed. All the people who could not focus all said they could not sleep.

heyhithere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 06:37:42 PM »
I know my lack of focus was emotional more than anything.  I had a reaction after that first section where i basically 'gave up'.  But I was trying soooo hard not to, but I simply couldn't shake the feeling of it.  As a result, I had a really hard time concentrating for the next couple of sections.
The Dude Abides

Chloe123

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 06:41:10 PM »
If it makes you feel better at all, I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way. I know I screwed up reading comp, which was my second section, and it made me feel depressed the rest of the test. That stupid bus game didn't help matters.

I'm just going to wait for the score, and then retake in December if it's really bad. Not much else to do at this point.

LSATstruggle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 06:46:42 PM »
If it makes you feel better at all, I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way. I know I screwed up reading comp, which was my second section, and it made me feel depressed the rest of the test. That stupid bus game didn't help matters.

I'm just going to wait for the score, and then retake in December if it's really bad. Not much else to do at this point.

I would of screwed up reading comp badly if i did not have to pee. For someone having the feeling of need to use the bathhroom made me hurry up and focus.

I usually never finish RC in time.

heyhithere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 06:50:51 PM »
The problem is I KNOW I did bad because I guessed on soooo many questions.  I'm never like this.  I just simply didn't have the psychological constitution for it. 
The Dude Abides

Chloe123

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 06:53:45 PM »
The problem is I KNOW I did bad because I guessed on soooo many questions.  I'm never like this.  I just simply didn't have the psychological constitution for it.

What's the worst that can happen? You bomb it, and take it again in December. And you'll be the wiser for it.

I was not so optimistic five hours ago, believe me, but I've calmed down some.

roxgirl55

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 06:57:03 PM »
I had the test where there were two LG sections.  One section was at the first of the test and the other was in section 4.  I assume that section 4 was the real LG section because it was a lot easier (and more in line with the LG sections I've been doing).  Well, after I couldn't complete the 4th game of that first section and time was called, I felt I had "lost the game".  I really worked hard on LG sections and I was getting really good at them, so to not be able to finish a section felt like a big time defeat.  I think had a LR  and RC section following respectively.  I could NOT concentrate after that first section because I felt so defeated.  I would even try to tell myself that it was very well an experimental section, but it simply didn't matter.  I ended up reading and re-reading so many sentences after that, I had tons of guesses at the end. 

Now realizing that it was an experimental section for sure, it's even more frustrating!

Hey, ditto exactly to your situation. I got so upset at guessing at the last game and a half of the first LG, I was completely freaked out on the rest (pre-break). I had to reread so many times because I lost focus, and then the RC threw me off again. LG and RC are normally my best, so I freaked out. Thank GOD the first LG wasn't scored.

jeg21

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 07:00:37 PM »
hey- i had the EXACT same issue- the first LR was killer! it was totally unexpected, I did keep telling myself it was experimental, at least hoped, and then i saw a second LR after the break- so I had my hopes up again for the 2nd half of the test.

LSATstruggle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 07:12:14 PM »
Imagine i felt after the FEB test. The FEB test is basically the experimental section times 5.  I felt so dumb after the test and my score felt it. Worst thing is you don't get the report back to see your mistakes. So i scored lower then i did on my diagonostic and did not know where to improve.

The first section today seem like a repeat. i was like here we go again. But then when i noticed the problems becoming basic again i felt better.