Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UGH- cancel?  (Read 829 times)

lilybbloom

• View Profile
    • Email
UGH- cancel?
« on: October 04, 2008, 06:28:10 PM »
I'm in desperate need of advice.

I got a 166 in February and decided to re-take today. I was feeling SO confident until I hit the last game (my last section) and drew a complete blank. The way I figure, I have 5-7 wrong on games alone, depending on whether I aced the first 3. I think I did pretty well on RC and LR, if I had to guess I'd say maybe 1-2 wrong per section. Should I cancel? If you cancel, do the law schools see that?
GPA: 3.75 from Northwestern U.
Feb. 2008 LSAT: 166
Oct. 2008 LSAT:
Will apply to: Penn, UMich, N'western, Cornell, Cal, Duke, UChicago, G'town, Harvard, GW, Vanderbilt, UVa

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: UGH- cancel?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 09:59:49 PM »
Should you cancel?  Only you can decide.
Will law schools see it?  Yes.

Migrate

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 10:15:25 PM »
It's a personal decision, but law schools claiming to take higher score really only applies if you scored higher on the second try, not the first try. A second try that is less or equal to (or even a point greater) will seriously question your judgement / aptitude. I would go ahead and cancel. with your stats, you will def get into a good school. canceled score doesn't do anything to law school; they'll just think u had a bad day. It's really hard to explain in an addendum about WHY you didn't cancel, however.

servinglife

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 10:31:33 PM »
I'm in desperate need of advice.

I got a 166 in February and decided to re-take today. I was feeling SO confident until I hit the last game (my last section) and drew a complete blank. The way I figure, I have 5-7 wrong on games alone, depending on whether I aced the first 3. I think I did pretty well on RC and LR, if I had to guess I'd say maybe 1-2 wrong per section. Should I cancel? If you cancel, do the law schools see that?
If you missed 7, 2, 2, 2 that's a total of 13 wrong. That still should be in the 166-167 range. I'm in the same boat as you 165 from June. Usually -0 on LG, but misread the first line of this game. Realized it about 3 mins in and did not have enough time to fix all the answers, so prob -3 to -4 on LG. Take some time to think about it. But also think if you really missed 1-2 and 5-7, you may not have missed 13 total and you may have a better score than you think.

skylife

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 02:27:44 AM »
I am astonished see you say exactly what I would like to say. That is exactly what happened to me yesterday. I got about your score previously and re-took this time, had AR as the last section. To think I did not bad in all 3 LRs and RC, I was beginning to feel really happy. 'Just one last set of game then I get rewarded for the hard work of this Summer!', I thought. Many, many things that I had to cancel or postpone started to come up: I can now go to my friend's wedding, I can go swimm whenever I want... Then I got bombed at that student-faculty game. I tried to look at it closely but because I already panicked I could not figure out any rule out of it. When I had to wild guess for all 5 questions I could not believe it had to end that way. I am so sad now. I have to cancel, right?