Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stories from the 9/4 exam?  (Read 1923 times)

YuAnli

• View Profile
Stories from the 9/4 exam?
« on: October 04, 2008, 03:14:51 PM »
any one have any good stories funny/horror(pref both)--any dismissals/reprimands

or you can just post something you learned after taking it(ie. studying tactics yielded/didnt expected results)

flip side

• View Profile
Re: Stories from the 9/4 exam?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 03:22:21 PM »
it is 10/4 today! :)  too much thinking in 1 day is not good.

quepasa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 06:09:30 PM »
Check your pockets...
Somehow my son's cell phone ended up in my sweatshirt and it rang during the test. it did thre me away for away and definitely I lost few minutes putting my self back together. I was sure the proctor would write a note to LSAC but everything was OK.

blairchuckalways

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN data
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 06:18:45 PM »
Kid in front of me "somehow forgot" that mechanical pencils are not allowed. Brought in those 30 dollar sterling silver padded cushion mechanies and had them confiscated. For 10 minutes I thought the proctors would let him get away with them and was secretly going apeshit inside because I haven't used standard pencils since like the 4th grade. But luckily, they noticed and took them away.

Another poor kid completely forgot to bubble in the first section. I wrote a big letter "B" on both hands to remind myself to bubble, but I felt so bad for him. Especially if it's known that the first section was experimental. Anyway he left.

Had a girl who wrote a thesis for the writing section. How she had hand strength I'm unsure, but ... yea. Otherwise, I was the only person in the room with an energy drink for my snack, felt mildly gunnerish but got over that quickly as I felt re-energized into the second half of the test.

Oh, and the hot proctor I mentioned elsewhere. :)

quepasa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 06:29:02 PM »
I took a Febr. test this year and there were all kinds of people there, very diversed. This October test I am sure I was the only person over 25 in a big crowd of kids in their pijamas.It feels like a big sleep over. The proctor was reminding everybody to go to bathroom before entering theroom. However, when we started writing the statement, the proctor announced one more time that we will be doing 3 sections without any breaks, about fifteen kids requested a pee time; so we were waiting for at least twenty minutes for them to return

Leverandon

• AOL Instant Messenger - NadoSteve
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 08:39:13 AM »
I have a pretty great one. About ten minutes before the test right when fingerprinting as begun a kid who had previously been in the room, strolls in with his iphone in his hand tapping away on it. The proctor is the principal of the high school where we were taking the test. He was a short, fat, balding guy with a thick New York accent. He just starts screaming and cursing at the guy who was apparently pretty bufuddled and was like, "I was just checking my email on my phone in the bathroom." More cursing by the principal and the guy was sent home.

Can I poop in peace?

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 10:06:26 AM »
I get sick with something that causes phlegm, a lot of coughing, diarrhea, nausea, fever and the sweats.

I had been drinking a lot of water and taking an expectorant to clear the phlegm and keep my system lubricated.  My diet had exclusively been various types of soup with antibiotics thrown on top.  Once the expectorant kicked in, along with all the water, the phlegm expulsion process began.

I had been naively looking forward to that part.

Unfortunately, the diarrhea teamed up with all the liquids and the antibiotics and was ready to throw a monkey wrench into the process on the worst of all days.

I suddenly felt a very strong urge to get to the toilet as quickly as possible at about 10:26 a.m.  There was no time to ask anybody for permission to run out of the room, it was a time sensitive issue.

As if it was a tag team effort the coughing kicked in as I ran down the hall to the bathroom.  Suddenly it was bring up the phlegm time and I started coughing like a chimney sweep while running as fast as I could.

In order to make sure I totally wished I would die right then the nausea joined the party.  The storm was only getting close to perfection at this point.

Maybe I am the only one this happens to but coughing real hard causes me to puke.

So, I am running down the hall (it was about 20 feet long) to the bathroom due to the diarrhea, coughing up my lungs, and the nausea decided to take first chair.

At this point with a nice fever and sweats going I was uncertain about which organ was more important to clinch right then and I still had 5 feet to go.  I was in a panic and regretting the fact I was wearing double button jeans.  Wiggling those buttons while running was not a good moment. 

I was happy that somebody left the seat up in the open stall because I had serious on the spot decisions to make.

I will leave out graphics of the mess but I will say that I never knew that liquid could fly out of three orifices at the same time.

After getting home and drinking more water to refill my tubes I did a google search about my symptoms so I could second guess my doctor (HMO, you should cover your back with them) and I found the page in the link in my sig, read it, started laughing, and the entire process started again.

My perfect storm

Now I have more laundry and housekeeping that needs to be done right away.

It was a lovely day.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 11:18:12 AM »
Kid in front of me "somehow forgot" that mechanical pencils are not allowed. Brought in those 30 dollar sterling silver padded cushion mechanies and had them confiscated. For 10 minutes I thought the proctors would let him get away with them and was secretly going apeshit inside because I haven't used standard pencils since like the 4th grade. But luckily, they noticed and took them away.

Another poor kid completely forgot to bubble in the first section. I wrote a big letter "B" on both hands to remind myself to bubble, but I felt so bad for him. Especially if it's known that the first section was experimental. Anyway he left.

Had a girl who wrote a thesis for the writing section. How she had hand strength I'm unsure, but ... yea. Otherwise, I was the only person in the room with an energy drink for my snack, felt mildly gunnerish but got over that quickly as I felt re-energized into the second half of the test.

Oh, and the hot proctor I mentioned elsewhere. :)

I had a protein bar for my snack, which somehow helped me to get the feeling back in my arms.

Also, I wrote something of a thesis for my writing sample also, but I managed to finish in about 15 minutes, and spent the remaining 20 minutes sitting there, feeling empty inside. What am I going to prep for now?

Am I the only one who single bubbles??? Jeebus, I finished sections early also. Why take the risk?

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 05:31:25 PM »
^
no I also single bubble. I tried to break the habit and do group bubbling but it was just unnatural for me so I didn't. I never understand the people who practice without bubbling! All the PT's I've ever done, I've bubbled! I just copy the same sheet over and over and had like stacks of them about my flat.

^
sorry to hear about your illness!! eek! Did you come back and finish or cancel or ?

LessThanLiz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 05:33:38 PM »
I single bubble. I feel like I'll forget if I don't (and, like the previous post, it feels unnatural not to.) The biggest downside, though, is that going back and forth each question occasionally almost resulted in me bubbling in the wrong section, luckily I caught myself and time to quickly check each section.