Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Which Rutgers is better?  (Read 6684 times)

captainmaharet

• View Profile
    • Email
Which Rutgers is better?
« on: October 04, 2008, 02:18:27 PM »
Due to my financial situation, I have a choice between Rutgers Camden or Rutgers Newark. Which is the better school? Which is better for contracts, First Amendment law, UCMJ, or conlaw?

Muhammad Ali

• Who's the prettiest? Who's the greatest?
    • View Profile
Re: Which Rutgers is better?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 04:36:26 PM »
Camden is more for the Philly market, Newark is more for the NY market.
I'm the most recognized and loved man that ever lived cause there weren't no satellites when Jesus and Moses were around, so people far away in the villages didn't know about them.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/muhammadali

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 04:17:52 AM »
Camden, but really, neither. Both are in NJ.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Penn263

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 02:54:28 PM »

Speaking of Rutgers Camden... they actually allow some people to get in by submitting GRE scores... crazy isn't it?
To whom much is given, much is expected.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 05:23:45 AM »

Speaking of Rutgers Camden... they actually allow some people to get in by submitting GRE scores... crazy isn't it?

Just what you'd expect from a shithole in NJ, that's all.

Penn263

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 08:07:19 PM »

Actually I respected them a lot for trying to reform the law school admissions process. They actually invited me to apply--which equals guaranteed acceptance I assume--because I got a really high GRE score, and they wanted to see if people with really GRE scores could do equally as well as students with high LSAT scores. I never took up their offer just because it was late in the season I was already accepted elsewhere. But give them some credit for trying to change the admissions process. How much bull is it when the LSAT counts more than your GPA, i.e. a 5 hour test is more indicative of your ability than 4 years of college?? Furthermore, the LSAT doesn't really mean anything in terms of predicting how well you will do during 1L--even though LSAC swears it does. Tons of 2Ls and 3Ls have reaffirmed this notion.
To whom much is given, much is expected.

krystal82

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 06:57:53 PM »
I agree that the LSAT is not predictive especially within a close range of scores. I'm above the 75th percentile at my school, but there is no way I think I'm smarter than 75% of my class. Strangely i feel as though the people who made it off the waitlist are the smartest in my class. we'll see though after grades come out. 

K?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do You Believe Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 12:54:00 AM »
I agree that the LSAT is not predictive especially within a close range of scores. I'm above the 75th percentile at my school, but there is no way I think I'm smarter than 75% of my class. Strangely i feel as though the people who made it off the waitlist are the smartest in my class. we'll see though after grades come out. 

QFT.

Also, pick whichever Rutgers campus is closest to Greg Schiano.  HTH.
B < PL

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 09:58:48 AM »

And this grave needed dug because...

studymaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 08:57:11 PM »

Actually I respected them a lot for trying to reform the law school admissions process. They actually invited me to apply--which equals guaranteed acceptance I assume--because I got a really high GRE score, and they wanted to see if people with really GRE scores could do equally as well as students with high LSAT scores. I never took up their offer just because it was late in the season I was already accepted elsewhere. But give them some credit for trying to change the admissions process. How much bull is it when the LSAT counts more than your GPA, i.e. a 5 hour test is more indicative of your ability than 4 years of college?? Furthermore, the LSAT doesn't really mean anything in terms of predicting how well you will do during 1L--even though LSAC swears it does. Tons of 2Ls and 3Ls have reaffirmed this notion.

Huh I guess I will trust the anecdotal evidence from 2l and 3ls instead of statistical correlation between LSAT score and firs tyear grades.....

And frankly it isnt bull at all that a better predictor counts more heavily.... in fact some might say that even makes sense...
It is whispered that soon, if we all heed the call, the piper will lead us to reason.