Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: October 2008 Stories  (Read 15202 times)

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
Re: October 2008 Stories
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2008, 07:16:00 AM »
Nothing amazingly interesting happened during my LSAT on October 4, 2008...

That's a long post considering nothing interesting happened  ;)
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2008, 12:29:35 PM »
I was very interested by the variety of items people brought to the test. I'd say 90% of the test-takers brought a Ziploc bag, and there were a wide variety of objects in those bags. The great majority of those items were what most would consider to be normal. One girl, though, had 2 apples, 1 orange, 2 granola bars, a 20 oz. water, 2 tampons, 2 packages of pencils, at least 2 sharpeners, several erasers, at least 2 watches, and 3 highlighters; each highlighter was a different color. Wow! I imagined her packing her bag..."If I select any apples, I must also select exactly 1 orange and at least 2 but no more than 3 granola bars..." Then there were the 3 or 4 dudes who showed up with nothing but the necessary administrative documents plus a pencil or 2. Nice! My bag consisted of a 20 oz. water, exactly 1 power bar, a watch, 8 pencils, 1 sharpener and a highlighter (which I didn't use).

There was a girl in my test centre who looked like she had bought out the GNC food and nutrition store and packed it into her ziploc bag. I saw at least 10 granola/protein bars in her bag. There was another girl who had like 3 cans of redbull.

...Women...

LSATstruggle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2008, 01:10:19 PM »
Here's my story:

I wasn't that nervous when I got into the test.. But my arms and legs went numb when they started distributing the exams.

I always felt pressed for time, and found myself answering questions too slowly or too quickly.

I managed to finish each and every question though (maybe 3 or 4 half guesses for the entire test).

I feel good now, but that's due to the fact that it's over and done with. I have no idea how I performed...

As for other test takers, there wasn't anything really unusual. One guy however was sweating like crazy before the test began. I suppose that isn't much worse than numb extremities, but at least my anxiety wasn't visible.

The test robs energy from you.

gooseisland

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2008, 01:36:09 PM »
I wish someone could explain to me why you would need 10+ pencils for the test. I think half the room had at least 10 or more. It made me insecure with only having 3 (although I only used one.) 

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2008, 02:10:36 PM »
LMAO @ Blueskies and LSATstruggle...

I had about 5 pencils and I think I used all but one because I prefer a well sharpened pencil for tests that require an immense amount of bubbling.  I didn't want to have to stop to sharpen pencils and I figured one for each section and I still didn't use one of them.

I was kinda confused about the number of pencils as well.  As if something was going to happen with the first twenty pencils so you had to have another twenty as back up  ::)

klmnumbers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2008, 02:52:22 PM »
I wish someone could explain to me why you would need 10+ pencils for the test. I think half the room had at least 10 or more. It made me insecure with only having 3 (although I only used one.) 

Haha same. I brought 4 simply because that's what is suggested on the test materials, I believe. Some guy brought like 50 and while we were sitting around waiting to begin, he built a Lincoln Log style fort with all of them. XD

I used one for the entire test then used a second for the writing sample for pretty much no reason at all other than I had another pencil on my desk and thought it looked bored.
LSN - even tho I have no numbers yet. There it is.

theskier12

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2008, 03:10:54 PM »
I could not have asked for a better test or testing conditions. Logic games is definately my weakest section so I was pleased to only have to answer 22 questions, and I'm pretty sure I got at least 3/4 right (I usually get about 2/3rds on easier tests and slightly over half on more difficult ones). Logical reasoning is my strongest section so naturally I was happy the unscored section was LR. All the sections were pretty easy but one section in particular took me under 30 minutes. I hope it wasn't the unscored part even though it probably was. No one in my room had a cold or was making annoying noises. I had only 3 pencils and I thought the maximum allowed was 4? So that no neurotic inconsiderate creep can bring like 50?

By the way, I heard that the unscored section is always one of the first 3 sections on the test to reduce the impact of examiner fatigue, can anyone confirm that or is it just a myth? 

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2008, 03:17:40 PM »
confirmed
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

theskier12

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2008, 03:50:50 PM »
Ok thanks.