Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: October 2008 Stories  (Read 14654 times)

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: October 2008 Stories
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2008, 09:28:33 PM »
I didn't take it today, but I heard a *white* girl walking around campus bragging on the phone that she "TOTALLY got a 154, no lie," that she thought it was a breeze taking it her first time ever, and that she was "DEFINITELY getting into Penn." And I don't mean Penn State. Oh the naivete.

broach911

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2008, 02:52:25 AM »
Couple of interesting stuff happened in my center. First I almost wasn't allowed to take it because my LSAC form's stub didn't have anything written on it (it's supposed to have your number, and name so you can know it.). Even though it's simply for your own reference the lady kept on making a big deal about it till the main proctor told her it was ok. Then when I got seated I realized the seat wasn't for left handed so I had to ask for one, which took 15 minutes to get. The classroom was fine with the exception that it was in the nursing center so all across the wall were posters of wombs and surgeries regarding infants. Normally this would be fine except every time I looked up I saw a lovely picture of an abortion procedure. This didn't bother me at all though and a plowed through the test but apparently the same could not be said for the girl who sat in front of me. 15 minutes into the first section she just starts bawling, and saying she's not ready, and runs out crying. Again I ignored and persevered.

Another issue was we had a diabetic girl in our class who they made a big deal about her having a candy bar on hand in case her sugar went down.

All this though was irrelevant as a result of our awesome proctor. She was apparently new at how LSAT procedure worked so she would have us, at the start of each section, turn the page and we would have 1 minute to "read the directions". Since everyone knew the directions we basically got an extra minute in each section.

hellfish6

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2008, 08:23:52 AM »
UDC Law School test site was horrible.  The heat was on and the one side of the class room was all glass where the sun shined in and non of the blinds worked.  I sweat as if I were doing extensive exercising and the glare from the sun felt like we were in a giant ant farm with a cruel kid burning us with a magnifying glass.

TimMitchell

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2008, 02:35:34 PM »
I didn't take it today, but I heard a *white* girl walking around campus bragging on the phone that she "TOTALLY got a 154, no lie," that she thought it was a breeze taking it her first time ever, and that she was "DEFINITELY getting into Penn." And I don't mean Penn State. Oh the naivete.

That's incredible, I don't even have words for it

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2008, 03:01:31 PM »

All this though was irrelevant as a result of our awesome proctor. She was apparently new at how LSAT procedure worked so she would have us, at the start of each section, turn the page and we would have 1 minute to "read the directions". Since everyone knew the directions we basically got an extra minute in each section.

Wtf kind of BS is this?

I swear to god, our proctor undercounted our minutes. I believe we had an average of 33 per section...

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2008, 03:19:56 PM »

Wtf kind of BS is this?

I swear to god, our proctor undercounted our minutes. I believe we had an average of 33 per section...

I feel like this too.  I think we got shorted.  Everytime I read that someone got more time, it pisses me off  >:(

broach911

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2008, 03:02:11 AM »

Wtf kind of BS is this?

I feel like this too.  I think we got shorted.  Everytime I read that someone got more time, it pisses me off  >:(

I'm sorry :(. I didn't say it to piss anyone off. The first time I took it I felt short changed as well. I guess I lucked out and I got an incompetent instructor...

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2008, 09:25:16 AM »

Wtf kind of BS is this?

I'm sorry :(. I didn't say it to piss anyone off. The first time I took it I felt short changed as well. I guess I lucked out and I got an incompetent instructor...

Not pissed off at you  ;)

That test was difficult for me so I just get a little peeved with the fact that I was consistently running out of time...so of course any inkling of the fact that some incompetent supervisor gave more time makes it worse....I wanted an incompetent supervisor  :-\

klmnumbers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2008, 09:39:00 AM »
The only annoying this that happened during my test was one of the guys running the event walked into our room twice during testing.

(there were like 20 people per room, 3 rooms total)

I think there was a problem with the AC they were trying to fix (I live in Florida. lol) or something. XD

I get distracted just a bit too easily.. hah
LSN - even tho I have no numbers yet. There it is.

senseless

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2008, 03:22:48 AM »
Nothing amazingly interesting happened during my LSAT on October 4, 2008, save for the fact that I nearly left my body for a good portion of the test. At some points I could see myself writing but not feel itÖit was awesome! I was so locked into the zone that the easy questions answered themselves while the hard ones looked like scrambled eggs. Itís as if my entire sense of understanding was amplified both positively and negatively; it was nothing like the practice tests. I donít even want to speculate on a score, but I feel I did well. Not spectacular, but not bad. Iím sure I could score at least a few points higher if I was to take it again, but Iím hoping it doesnít come to that!

My test took place at San Diego State University. I found a parking lot and walked to the testing site with a girl who arrived at the same time. As we were walking she noted how strange it was that there were ZERO signs pointing to the location of the LSAT. I told her it was part of the test, and we shared a little chuckle. We got to our target building and discovered the CBEST was being administered there; one of the CBEST people informed us the LSAT was in the next building. Once we got there, the group (about 120 people) was split into 2 groups and my group was led to yet another building. It seemed a little cloak-n-dagger. Once there we waited in line to check in, then went into THE ROOM.

The test itself was surreal and the room was very quiet, but we got stuck with those little desks attached to the chairs. My buddy had the luxury of long tables at his site...lucky!!! Our chairs were relatively squeaky, but once the test started I didn't hear much save for me whispering to myself during a couple long questions. The biggest distraction came from the clock tower, which rang every 15 minutes. 11 AM was a bit annoying, if you know what I mean! The temperature felt fine, but when we got back from break the room felt at least 10 degrees colder. Fortunately I was wearing my jacket, but I saw a couple guys wearing T-shirts and shivering.

I was very interested by the items people brought to the test. I'd say 90% of the test-takers brought a Ziploc bag, and there were a wide variety of objects in those bags. The great majority of those items were what most would consider to be normal. One girl, though, had 2 apples, 1 orange, 2 granola bars, a 20 oz. water, 2 tampons, 2 packages of pencils, at least 2 sharpeners, several erasers, at least 2 watches, and 3 highlighters; each highlighter was a different color. Wow! I imagined her packing her bag..."If I select any apples, I must also select exactly 1 orange and at least 2 but no more than 3 granola bars..." Then there were the 3 or 4 dudes who showed up with nothing but the necessary administrative documents plus a pencil or 2. Nice! My bag consisted of a 20 oz. water, exactly 1 power bar, a watch, 8 pencils, 1 sharpener and a highlighter (which I didn't use).

All in all it was a very smooth administration. The proctors were swell and the lead one read the rules at a nice pace.

Congratulations to everyone who took the test; good luck for those taking one in December!

P.S. My one piece of advice: gradually reduce your allotted time on practice tests so that you can accurately complete them with only 30 minutes per section instead of 35Ö