Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: October 2008 Stories  (Read 15188 times)

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
Re: October 2008 Stories
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2008, 04:46:06 PM »
Yeah we had a girl show up without a license/gov't issued id.  I don't know what she was thinking either

Huh??  I bet she had a snack though lol.

I was amazed at the plastic ziplock bag scene lol.  Some people had hardly ANYTHING, i'm talking maybe two pencils, the LSAT ticket and a pencil sharpener.  Others had so much crap in there that I was worried that it might break!  They made us wait so long to get lined up and checked in that I was able to scope the scene and laugh at all the crap I saw.  I was also angry that I saw a million hoodies  >:(  I was told not to wear one but I wish I had...caught the sniffles in the middle of the test  >:(

I KNOW!! I wanted to wear a hoodie too  >:(

And I think I was the only one smiling at my test center...but that's only because I was laughing at everyone's baggies  :D
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2008, 04:55:41 PM »
Yeah we had a girl show up without a license/gov't issued id.  I don't know what she was thinking either

I was amazed at the plastic ziplock bag scene lol.  Some people had hardly ANYTHING, i'm talking maybe two pencils, the LSAT ticket and a pencil sharpener.  Others had so much crap in there that I was worried that it might break!  They made us wait so long to get lined up and checked in that I was able to scope the scene and laugh at all the crap I saw.  I was also angry that I saw a million hoodies  >:(  I was told not to wear one but I wish I had...caught the sniffles in the middle of the test  >:(

And I think I was the only one smiling at my test center...but that's only because I was laughing at everyone's baggies  :D

Kindred souls lol.  Hopefully I have law school classmates like you.  I was definitely alternating between laughing at people with stuffed baggies and scowling at people with hoodies on.

One guy had a banana and a tupperware container of peanut butter lol.  I was both impressed and tickled  :D

MuMuGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2008, 04:56:10 PM »

Uhhh... where did you take the test?

The same thing happened for us. The proctors cellphone went off and she rushed out of the room with it.

USC

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2008, 05:01:47 PM »
yeah LOADS of people had stuff in their baggies including smaller plastic bags of food. People were allowed to wear hoodies in my test centre as long as they tucked in the hood? Don't understand this rule but anyway.

LessThanLiz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2008, 05:05:53 PM »
Did anyone else feel so anxious? How does everyone feel about their performance now?
I was anxious, but in a way that I was able to positively channel into my test taking. Still, it's definitely different on test day than in the library, that's for sure. I was very fortunate, though, and there were only about 24-30 people in my room, two people to a wide table.

My only complaint is that I definitely missed my digital watch. Mickey Mouse's clock-hands didn't really cut it...

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2008, 05:07:27 PM »

Kindred souls lol.  Hopefully I have law school classmates like you.  I was definitely alternating between laughing at people with stuffed baggies and scowling at people with hoodies on.

One guy had a banana and a tupperware container of peanut butter lol.  I was both impressed and tickled  :D

Hopefully one of my law school classmates is YOU  ;D
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

TimMitchell

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2008, 05:17:15 PM »
I wish I had a couple good stories like I did during the June test, but two things did stand out.

First of all, I was kinda eyeing everbody before the exam started and we were all in the room. I was looking at their baggies, but mostly what stuff they brought. It was funny how some people brought nothing, like the guy with one unsharpened pencil, or brought waayy to much like 20 pencils. Well, the one guy I thought look the most prepared had his watch, pencils and was dressed really nice. I thought we was going to do really well, but when the first section started he had to run out to the bathroom! It might have been an emergencey or something, but he did come back pretty quickly. I just can't imagine having to be so bad after walking into the room 15 minutes ago.

The second guy was better/grosser. He was sitting across from me, and before the test started he took of his socks and shoes and had his bare feet just hanging out for everyone to see. Its not like te had them tucked under the desks, they were like hanging out from under the desk. I didn't mind, I just looked over and thought it was weird.

BarryLaine

• Sr. Citizen
  • "My aim is true..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2008, 05:35:05 PM »
My test center was great.  Very maternal women running the show.  Made us feel safe and warm.

Disney GC Successor

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2008, 05:55:30 PM »
Why is running into your girlfriend awkward?

We're just one of those couples that don't like to be out at the same place at the time, unless we arrived together.  Going out with friends should be just that.  We see each other all the time, sowe enjoy the healthy time apart.

My test center was great.  Very maternal women running the show.  Made us feel safe and warm.

I'm jealous.

I wish I had a couple good stories like I did during the June test, but two things did stand out.

First of all, I was kinda eyeing everbody before the exam started and we were all in the room. I was looking at their baggies, but mostly what stuff they brought. It was funny how some people brought nothing, like the guy with one unsharpened pencil, or brought waayy to much like 20 pencils. Well, the one guy I thought look the most prepared had his watch, pencils and was dressed really nice. I thought we was going to do really well, but when the first section started he had to run out to the bathroom! It might have been an emergencey or something, but he did come back pretty quickly. I just can't imagine having to be so bad after walking into the room 15 minutes ago.

The second guy was better/grosser. He was sitting across from me, and before the test started he took of his socks and shoes and had his bare feet just hanging out for everyone to see. Its not like te had them tucked under the desks, they were like hanging out from under the desk. I didn't mind, I just looked over and thought it was weird.

The second guy is hilarious.  Maybe that's how he did his PT's.

We had quite a few of those, they had to run back to their dorms, luckily they were close by.

nevdash

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - myxlastxbreath
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2008, 09:10:45 PM »
I came back to my parents' place last night and forgot to pack ANY change of clothes. So I had to wear the shorts and tshirt that I wore last night, and the AC was pumped up as high as could be. The other people in the room must have thought that I was hopped up on meth with how much I was moving around and bouncing my leg trying to produce heat.

That, and a guy came up to our proctor before the test.

Guy: Hi, this is the only watch I have. It's analog, but it has a little digital timer in the middle. Is that okay?
Proctor: Um, yeah, that should be fine.

WUT.
What's the deal with signatures?

Also, what's the deal with LSN?
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/nevdash/jd