Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: October 2008 Stories  (Read 14834 times)

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: October 2008 Stories
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2008, 04:13:42 PM »
Nope, I'm in the Northeast.   :)

Ah, I was gonna say I know that guy and he actually became a lot quieter after we talked to him, but apparently your guy didn't have helpful buddies like me :D

I wish I had helpful buddies. I could smell the tension in that test room.

I was going to invite all my fellow test takers to come drinking with me after.  Then I thought it would be creepy so I came home and started drinking by myself.  In retrospect, I think my choice was creepier  ;)

LOL!... I'm inclined to agree with you on that..

There weren't really any unusual people in the test room, aside from sweaty dude. But, I've never had my limbs go numb before a test, so I may have been more nervous than most.

The proctors were all female, and 2 of the 3 were young (early 20s). They kept walking by me suspiciously though, which was a bit distracting.

I'm told I look "evil". Maybe they suspected misconduct.

Like you looked evil during the test?

::stalks::

you don't look evil normally

Are you FB stalking me?

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2008, 04:15:35 PM »
haha yes!
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2008, 04:21:16 PM »
No crazy stories. A couple of jack ass guys and when I was sitting down while people were still checking in some girl was chatting to her friend that all her friends who were taking the test had done the Princton Review mock LSAT last weekend and got in the 130's and 140's. Our proctors were pretty chill. In fact, they let us all go to the bathroom post-instructions, pre-test. One guy asked to go, and they let him and then someone else tried and they said no you have to wait for the first guy, and then a girl tried to go and they said no, so then they said everyone can go. They walked around like once during a section, but they mostly sat there and read. There was some noises in the next room but they never bothered me.

Disney GC Successor

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2008, 04:26:22 PM »
Nope, I'm in the Northeast.   :)

Ah, I was gonna say I know that guy and he actually became a lot quieter after we talked to him, but apparently your guy didn't have helpful buddies like me :D

I wish I had helpful buddies. I could smell the tension in that test room.

I was going to invite all my fellow test takers to come drinking with me after.  Then I thought it would be creepy so I came home and started drinking by myself.  In retrospect, I think my choice was creepier  ;)

Blueskies you seem cool
, and there is not wrong with drinking by yourself.....sometimes.  I Wish we had a sensible person like you in the room.  The competitive spirit of everyone was palpable.  My proctors didn't seem to care about what the kid was doing.  At one point, I think they forgot they were proctoring an exam.

Thanks!  Honestly part of the reason why I didn't ask people is bc I didn't want everyone to say no except for this one guy that had been talking to me and then I would have inadvertently ended up on a date.  And I'm just drinking alone for now...I'm going out later tonight like a normal person :D

Good!  Go out!!  Haha, ironically...I may alone tonight with my ale/lager/schnapps etc.  I want to go out, but I may run into my gf and her friends.  Awkward.

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2008, 04:28:13 PM »
Why is running into your girlfriend awkward?

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2008, 04:30:14 PM »
Our proctors were really cool too. They mostly read, they didn't walk around.  The only thing was that one of them kept leaving the room and as quietly as she tried to open and close the door, it still was incredibly loud and distracting.

One girl used her writing sample sheet as scrap paper for her diagrams during the test lol.  No one knew until the tests were collected and the topic sheets handed out.  They were telling us to fill out the info at the top and she asked for a new one because her sheet had writing on it  :D  She got really upset when they told her that they had to fill out an irregularity (sp) sheet regarding the incident.  I think she was almost crying  :-\

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2008, 04:31:18 PM »
Our proctors were really cool too. They mostly read, they didn't walk around.  The only thing was that one of them kept leaving the room and as quietly as she tried to open and close the door, it still was incredibly loud and distracting.

One girl used her writing sample sheet as scrap paper for her diagrams during the test lol.  No one knew until the tests were collected and the topic sheets handed out.  They were telling us to fill out the info at the top and she asked for a new one because her sheet had writing on it  :D  She got really upset when they told her that they had to fill out an irregularity (sp) sheet regarding the incident.  I think she was almost crying  :-\

LOL! wtf did she think would happen?

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2008, 04:36:01 PM »

LOL! wtf did she think would happen?

I have no idea.  I have never heard of anything like that.  They constantly tell you that no scrap paper is allowed, you can only write in the test booklet, blah blah blah.  She kept saying that she didn't know and that she would just erase everything lol...never mind the fact that the blue sheet has a bold blue header that says WRITING SAMPLE lol.

I felt bad for her but I was still laughing...yeah I'm mean  8)

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2008, 04:38:18 PM »
Yeah we had a girl show up without a license/gov't issued id.  I don't know what she was thinking either

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2008, 04:44:02 PM »
Yeah we had a girl show up without a license/gov't issued id.  I don't know what she was thinking either

Huh??  I bet she had a snack though lol.

I was amazed at the plastic ziplock bag scene lol.  Some people had hardly ANYTHING, i'm talking maybe two pencils, the LSAT ticket and a pencil sharpener.  Others had so much crap in there that I was worried that it might break!  They made us wait so long to get lined up and checked in that I was able to scope the scene and laugh at all the crap I saw.  I was also angry that I saw a million hoodies  >:(  I was told not to wear one but I wish I had...caught the sniffles in the middle of the test  >:(