Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: October 2008 Stories  (Read 14759 times)

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
October 2008 Stories
« on: October 04, 2008, 06:00:41 AM »
I realize it's a bit early for this thread, but I can't sleep and I know everyone will be rushing home to post on LSD after the LSAT.

As for me, I will be excessively drunk when I get back. That should be an amusing story in itself.

Post Below.

Disney GC Successor

• View Profile
Re: October 2008 Stories
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 02:19:09 PM »
I have a horror story, actually two.  During the test this kid sitting next to me was marking up his LR, RC, and LG sections with different pencils.  Using different pencils wasn't the problem, they all were sharp so every question he marked, the sound the pencils scratching against the paper was the issue.  If it happens occasionally fine, but not every section.  The RC was the worst.**Scratch**  **scratch**.  I felt like the character in Poe's Tall-Tell Heart.  He went through a lot of pencils.  It was driving me mad, everytime I started to read a question I'd get thrown off by the scratching sound of his pencil.  Also he had a cold an blew his nose rather obnoxiously.  I guess that is the problem with prepping in silence, on test day it may not be so silent.

My girlfriend was in a different room, but she sat next to a guy with a cold who blew his nose loudly and another guy who kept farting (silently and tooting) throughout the test.  Both are terrible experiences.  But, the actual test was okay I suppose.

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 02:24:16 PM »
You weren't at IUPUI were you?

The best story I've got is that my proctor's man boobs were bigger than my real boobs.  Other than that, pretty uneventful.
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 03:03:11 PM »
Here's my story:

I wasn't that nervous when I got into the test.. But my arms and legs went numb when they started distributing the exams.

I always felt pressed for time, and found myself answering questions too slowly or too quickly.

I managed to finish each and every question though (maybe 3 or 4 half guesses for the entire test).

I feel good now, but that's due to the fact that it's over and done with. I have no idea how I performed...

As for other test takers, there wasn't anything really unusual. One guy however was sweating like crazy before the test began. I suppose that isn't much worse than numb extremities, but at least my anxiety wasn't visible.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 03:05:24 PM »
Did anyone else feel so anxious? How does everyone feel about their performance now?

green7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 03:20:44 PM »
Blueskies, that is hilarious  :D

Thales, I'm sure you did awesome.  The first half of the test FLEW by for me.  I tried to be really in-the-moment, but it was really quick.  I can't guage how I did at this point, but I'm hoping for the best!

Disney GC Successor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 03:25:06 PM »
Did anyone else feel so anxious? How does everyone feel about their performance now?

I was anxious, I was not sweating though.  I think it did somewhat affect my performance, however, that kid next to me was the real problem.
You weren't at IUPUI were you?

The best story I've got is that my proctor's man boobs were bigger than my real boobs.  Other than that, pretty uneventful.

Nope, I'm in the Northeast.   :)

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 03:27:13 PM »

Thales, I'm sure you did awesome.  The first half of the test FLEW by for me.  I tried to be really in-the-moment, but it was really quick.  I can't guage how I did at this point, but I'm hoping for the best!

I only started to get the feeling back in my arms and hands by the 4th section (LR)

green7

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 03:32:03 PM »

I only started to get the feeling back in my arms and hands by the 4th section (LR)

I gave myself a pep talk during the break :)

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 03:32:24 PM »
Nope, I'm in the Northeast.   :)

Ah, I was gonna say I know that guy and he actually became a lot quieter after we talked to him, but apparently your guy didn't have helpful buddies like me :D
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.