Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: IP lit in NYC: Fish, Kirkland, Ropes, Weil, Kenyon, King & Spalding  (Read 1034 times)

Patently No

• View Profile
Thoughts? I wouldn't mind doing some prosecution, but I'm mainly looking lit. Good EE work would be nice.

Refused Party Program

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: IP lit in NYC: Fish, Kirkland, Ropes, Weil, Kenyon, King & Spalding
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 08:20:00 PM »
We have similar lists. Honestly, as far as reputation and things on paper, any of those would be a good option. K&S while not a big player has a very solid group (they are mentioned by other firms in the good IP lit firms in the town discussion).

Ropes, Kenyon and maybe Fish and maybe K&S have better "quality of life" reps than Kirkland and Weil. Kirland and Weil have a higher rankings on Vault (if that matters to you), and maybe better bonuses but who knows.

However, I think I would base your decision more on where you "felt" better and where you liked the people the best. All of those firms are great places to be so I think you are almost in a "can't make a wrong choice" position if you liked them all the best.

Patently No

• View Profile
Re: IP lit in NYC: Fish, Kirkland, Ropes, Weil, Kenyon, King & Spalding
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 08:47:45 PM »
Thanks. I agree about K&S. They have a large electrical practice from Kenyon and Bob Perry is a good guy. Vault ranking doesn't matter, but lateral options do, and I think that plays into that somewhat. Plus, Kirkland sent me really good brownies.