Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: A pretty general question  (Read 521 times)

ritkaa

• View Profile
    • Email
A pretty general question
« on: September 30, 2008, 03:03:13 PM »
I am taking my first LSAT this saturday, and am pressuring my professors to complete my LORs by sometime soon (maybe 3rd week of october)

Is it ok that I didnt register for LSDAS yet? and that I didnt start filling out applications? It is ok to wait until I see what I get on the LSAT?

Thanks everyone

blairchuckalways

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN data
Re: A pretty general question
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 03:20:28 PM »
Well, if your profs finish their LORs but you don't have the cover sheets for them, which I believe you can get only by registering for LSDAS, then I'm not sure if LSAC will process them. You might want to check that on the site, though.

I mean, as long as your LORs and your score are in with apps before deadline, technically you should be okay. The earlier the better, 'has all :)

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 03:26:03 PM »
Why don't you just register for LSDAS right now?  I can't think of a reason why you would wait to see what you get on your LSAT before registering.  Get on LSDAS right away.  It takes awhile for transcripts and LORs to get processed.  Trust me; the last thing you want to do is jeopardize your chances by failing to get an early start.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

augusta

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 03:38:29 PM »
Plus, your LSDAS account is good for 5 years--so if your concern is that you might take the LSAT and decide to retake/wait a year to apply/etc, it still won't be a waste of money. If you're applying to law school you'll need that account--and comotellamas is right, it takes a lot longer than you'd hope for things to get processed by LSAC.
3.67/Oct. LSAT

hopeful1985

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 06:14:26 PM »
Quick question about LOR's.

If Im applying ED do I absolutely have to them in byt he deadline or will I still be able to be eligible if I send in everything but those? Would it be okay basially if the LOR's would trickle in little by little or no?

Sorry if it's a silly question I just want to be certain.

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 08:02:50 PM »
If Im applying ED do I absolutely have to them in byt he deadline or will I still be able to be eligible if I send in everything but those? Would it be okay basially if the LOR's would trickle in little by little or no?

Your application has to be complete by whatever the ED complete deadline is. That means that the minimum number of letters required by that school has to be in.