Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Postponing 'til December Q  (Read 1966 times)

PaleForce

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 484
    • View Profile
Postponing 'til December Q
« on: September 30, 2008, 02:18:26 PM »
So, I was all set to take the Oct test, and I think I'm pretty well prepared for it, but over the past couple of days I've come down with acute bronchitis.  And, it generally takes me about a week before I feel like myself again. 

Should I take the chance on the Oct test?  :-\  It seems pretty risky to me to take it not knowing whether I'll even be able to focus or not, but I don't really want to have to put off the completion of my applications until Dec.

Any advice?  Also, for those of you that are planning to take the Dec test, how are you figuring out a list of schools to apply to, without knowing a firm score?

augusta

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 338
    • View Profile
Re: Postponing 'til December Q
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 02:58:09 PM »
If you are at the height, or approaching the height, of a bout of bronchitis, it seems unlikely (I'm being generous here) that you will be capable of giving your best to the LSAT. A cold is bad enough. Bronchitis is REAL bad. Waiting til December may hurt your chances at getting into School X, or getting a scholarship at School X--but if you bomb the LSAT you will either a) cancel and retake anyway, b) not cancel, and retake when you see just how badly you did, or c) try to convince yourself you are content not going to the school you really wanted to go to.

But who knows. Maybe you're already on the mend, and you can tough it out. I don't think I could; but I'd be mad having to put it off, that's for sure. I feel for you.

3.67/Oct. LSAT

PaleForce

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 484
    • View Profile
Re: Postponing 'til December Q
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 07:55:14 PM »
Thanks for the reply, you're absolutely right.  And, the worse I feel (and, I'm not at the height of it yet) the more convinced I am that I won't be able to give the Oct test my best.  I am ticked about having to put everything off, but I don't know what else to do.  Here's hoping that if I send my apps immediately after I get my score, I won't lose out on too many admissions/scholarships. 

Ninja1

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 3089
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Postponing 'til December Q
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 10:45:54 PM »
Stop being a coward. Get medicated and go wreck shop like a man.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

rush the rushdie

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 150
    • View Profile
Re: Postponing 'til December Q
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 11:23:27 PM »
u could always take the october test, and then cancel if u feel like u could've done better?  but then again... it might be cheaper to just postpone till december. good luck to you either way and feel better!

!закон и право!

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 1599
    • View Profile
Re: Postponing 'til December Q
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 11:34:31 PM »
Drink a gallon of NyQuil then hit it up on Saturday.

augusta

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 338
    • View Profile
Re: Postponing 'til December Q
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 11:44:03 PM »
Drink a gallon of NyQuil then hit it up on Saturday.

Seriously, killing him off is so not going to help your curve.

Or will it...?
3.67/Oct. LSAT

PaleForce

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 484
    • View Profile
Re: Postponing 'til December Q
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 07:19:23 PM »
Yeah...thanks for the "buck-up and be a man" advice, but I'm not just coughing a little bit.  I've got a 102 degree fever right now and can expect to feel only slightly better on Saturday once the antibiotics kick in.  More power to those of you that would down the NyQuil and go for it, I guess I'm not that tough.  So, I'll be a wuss and take my chances with the Dec test and later application.

secondsblue

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 96
    • View Profile
Re: Postponing 'til December Q
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 10:33:58 PM »
Yeah...thanks for the "buck-up and be a man" advice, but I'm not just coughing a little bit.  I've got a 102 degree fever right now and can expect to feel only slightly better on Saturday once the antibiotics kick in.  More power to those of you that would down the NyQuil and go for it, I guess I'm not that tough.  So, I'll be a wuss and take my chances with the Dec test and later application.

A shot of whiskey will do you just right.

Ninja1

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 3089
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Postponing 'til December Q
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 01:10:49 AM »
Yeah...thanks for the "buck-up and be a man" advice, but I'm not just coughing a little bit.  I've got a 102 degree fever right now and can expect to feel only slightly better on Saturday once the antibiotics kick in.  More power to those of you that would down the NyQuil and go for it, I guess I'm not that tough.  So, I'll be a wuss and take my chances with the Dec test and later application.

Well, so much for your hero story. :)
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.