Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: For those that have already taken an LSAT..  (Read 1614 times)

hopeful1985

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: For those that have already taken an LSAT..
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 01:40:09 PM »
For my first test, I took it in a lecture hall with the "foldable" desks. They covered about half my lap and were very low. It was pretty awful, and I'm the kind of person who is not easily bothered by atmosphere. I walked out with a cramped neck and back and generally a painful experience. (and a 168)

For my retake, we had big tables that sat two people to a table, I spread out all my paperwork, had my watch sitting in front of me, it was beautiful and lovely. (and resulted in a 176)

It's kind of a luck of the draw type of thing. (Both test sites were universities, so it wasn't a university vs. hotel situation)

THANK YOU EVERYONE!
And Ester, I sent you a PM did you get it yesterday?

nevdash

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - myxlastxbreath
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 01:43:49 PM »
For my first test, I took it in a lecture hall with the "foldable" desks. They covered about half my lap and were very low. It was pretty awful, and I'm the kind of person who is not easily bothered by atmosphere. I walked out with a cramped neck and back and generally a painful experience. (and a 168)

For my retake, we had big tables that sat two people to a table, I spread out all my paperwork, had my watch sitting in front of me, it was beautiful and lovely. (and resulted in a 176)

It's kind of a luck of the draw type of thing. (Both test sites were universities, so it wasn't a university vs. hotel situation)

Oh great. One more thing to worry about. Now it's not just, "I hope I don't get a process game," but also, "I hope I don't have to set my watch on my lap."
What's the deal with signatures?

Also, what's the deal with LSN?
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/nevdash/jd

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 02:01:05 PM »
Heh, don't worry too much about it. It's not something you can control. Try to ignore other people in the room though. That can be an awful distraction.

During my first test (in the aforementioned lecture hall of death), I sat next to a kid who brought about 100 pencils and changed them every two or so minutes. By change them, I mean he flung the "used" pencil any which way and picked up a new one. About 15 of these pencils hit my legs. I probably should have told the proctor something, but I was so caught up in my wrath and anger, that all I did was mutter obscenities in my head.

tony_rocky_horror

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 02:40:53 PM »

Oh great. One more thing to worry about. Now it's not just, "I hope I don't get a process game," but also, "I hope I don't have to set my watch on my lap."

I just checked my site out here and am very happy now - http://www.kaplansurveys.com/rater/

LessThanLiz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 02:50:21 PM »
Awesome site, thanks! Where I'm taking mine is the highest ranked for the area. I laughed at the comments regarding the university I attend, though. "Cold", "too cold", "so cold." Yay, Rochester.

cherries

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 07:45:54 AM »
I'm retaking in a few days, but...

For my first go, the testing center at my school was supposed to be an expansive auditorium desks with swivel chairs (I checked it out), but being in the last half of the alphabet, they made us go next door to a crappy room with triangular "desks" that wouldn't fit an entire sheet of 8.5x11 piece of paper.  We had to keep pencils and erasers on the cushion edge of the folded-up seat next to us.

For this retest, I think I'll bring an Amy Winehouse-style beehive wig so that at least I won't have to worry about where I keep my pencils.
Columbia Law School, Class of 2012!

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 10:52:24 AM »
For this retest, I think I'll bring an Amy Winehouse-style beehive wig so that at least I won't have to worry about where I keep my pencils.

LOL! Accompanied by Amy Whinehouse crack cocaine, and Amy Winehouse British teeth?

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 09:27:10 PM »
Actually, I have a serious question to those that have already done the test.

How long did it take for you to receive your score report by email? I know that LSAC estimates that it will take 3 weeks or so, but has anyone received it earlier?

I'm wondering because my applications will partly depend on my score.

hopkins

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 09:46:24 PM »
Yes, but only by a few days.

Actually, I have a serious question to those that have already done the test.

How long did it take for you to receive your score report by email? I know that LSAC estimates that it will take 3 weeks or so, but has anyone received it earlier?

I'm wondering because my applications will partly depend on my score.

gooseisland

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 09:49:44 PM »
For the June test I think it took about 2 weeks to get the scores back..