Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Sick - modify prep?  (Read 264 times)

LessThanLiz

• View Profile
    • Email
Sick - modify prep?
« on: September 30, 2008, 08:34:05 AM »
Hey all,

I'm definitely under the weather at the moment. My original plan was to take two practice tests this week - Tuesday (today) and Thursday - but now that I'm sick (and exhausted as a result) I'm wondering if I should tweek this a bit. I am pretty sure I'll take the PT simply to get it done and go to bed (I work 8:30-5), risking a bad score before the actual LSAT that might not otherwise be an accurate read but would still undermine the confidence/work I've put in so far.

Right now, I've taken multiple PTs and feel ready to attack the LSAT from a stamina perspective. My two concerns are 1) Get better (don't want to be sick on test day); and 2) stay nimble. Perhaps it would be wiser to do a timed section or two and review the Bibles as opposed to a full on PT today? I'm taking a PT Thursday, regardless.

Feedback is appreciated, thanks!

I Will Get Over 170

• View Profile
Re: Sick - modify prep?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 08:40:13 AM »
At this point, I don't think taking another full test will make or break you on test day... Since you're sick and likely to get a disappointing score on a practice test, I think taking it would do more harm than good.  I'd rest, try to get better, and yeah, maybe throw in a practice section or two of stuff you want to review, but no more than that.