Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OCI Timeframe  (Read 2039 times)

minneapolislaw08

• View Profile
OCI Timeframe
« on: September 29, 2008, 09:11:07 PM »
Hey,

I've done 14 OCI interviews in the past month... I've got 6 rejection letters... and 8 are still pending out there.

Will all firms send a rejection eventually...?  Or should I just assume that I'm not getting anything...

Any advice/experiences with this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

GoldiLawks

• View Profile
Re: OCI Timeframe
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 11:01:30 PM »
Most, but not all firms, will eventually send rejection letters. It is highly possible that you will still hear from some of the firms you interviewed with; it is permissible to follow up with firms 2 weeks after an OCI interview if you haven't heard anything yet. You can just say that you enjoyed meeting them, are still interested in the firm (add in some specifics if you have any), and wanted to inquire as to where they are in their hiring process.

t14troll

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 01:09:50 AM »
I went through ~30 OCI interviews and haven't heard from ~5 of them (OCI was over a month ago)

GoldiLawks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 02:20:32 PM »
100% agree with YellowBrickRoad. It's fine to follow up with firms you haven't heard from yet, but you must continue with your job search. If you have already applied to all big firms, go immediately to Plan B and cover all of the mid-size firms and any other jobs (govt, judicial, public interest) that you are interested in. If you wait too long, it will be too late.