Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Penn Law 1L(s) taking questions!  (Read 6066 times)

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
Re: Penn Law 1L(s) taking questions!
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2008, 09:56:10 PM »
I think the 2L class holds the record for commuting... I know at least one guy who lives in Delaware, and another girl who commutes from New York.  Though I doubt anybody will ever top my professor who commutes each week from Israel.
UPenn '10

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2008, 02:25:25 AM »
Hi all!  3L here to answer your 3L-type questions. 

FYI, I have no classes before noon.   ;D
I am officially a law school graduate : )

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2008, 03:10:54 AM »
What would you all say the culture is like at penn? Conservative/liberal, political, intellectual, business oriented?
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2008, 10:01:13 AM »
One thing I love about Penn is how well people with different viewpoints get along.  I was caught a little off guard my first semester because it's actually more conservative than anywhere I'd been before (liberal schools + L.A.), but I quickly realized that for the most part, nobody was trying to force their views on anyone else or judge them.  I'd say most of the people I know have very similar values in terms of wanting to do good in the world, they just disagree about how to best accomplish that politically.
UPenn '10

m1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2008, 12:25:30 PM »
in terms of the politics, positions and outward expressions of political ideologies/positions are particularly amplified right now, given the election tomorrow.  its not a very political place (nowhere near what you get at the DC schools, for example) usually