Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Loan Availability  (Read 1302 times)

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Loan Availability
« on: September 29, 2008, 12:55:48 PM »
So is anyone else as excited as me to see if they'll still be able to get loans next semester, and especially next year? Given the current economic train wreck, I'm actually starting to think student loans may be hard to come by before too long, and I never seriously thought that would be a problem.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Katfid54

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Loan Availability
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 01:00:55 PM »
I've wondered the same thing.  Also, as interest rates fall, I've wondered how that will affect scholarship money that schools offer.  Lots of scholarships are funded by the interest that the school's endowment earns.  As that interest rate falls, the interest falls, and the available scholarship money falls.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 01:40:46 PM »
I've wondered the same thing.  Also, as interest rates fall, I've wondered how that will affect scholarship money that schools offer.  Lots of scholarships are funded by the interest that the school's endowment earns.  As that interest rate falls, the interest falls, and the available scholarship money falls.

No.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 03:11:06 PM »

Seems like sound enough reasoning to me.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.