Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Illinois 1L taking questions  (Read 2735 times)

oskee

• View Profile
Re: Illinois 1L taking questions
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 08:23:57 PM »
Clever.

I L L

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 08:52:07 PM »
I N I

augusta

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 10:42:08 AM »
You have mountains down there..? I was looking online for some photos of the law buildings/library/campus and found a photo of the football endzone with mountains. I didn't know Illinois HAD mountains. Am I looking at a photo of the wrong campus..?

Also, do you think UIUC has better or worse national placement/name recognition than Tulane? I know it's higher in the rankings, but I seem to hear Tulane's name thrown around more frequently. Any thoughts?
3.67/Oct. LSAT

oskee

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2008, 11:16:26 AM »
Hahahaha.  No mountains.  Sometimes the clouds can trick you a little bit.

I think it is better than Tulane's.  Like I said, about 60% go to Chicago, but the rest go all over the place.  It is homecoming and I am meeting with some alums from the West Coast this weekend.  They seem to really want to help people get to LA. 

augusta

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2008, 11:39:09 AM »
Do you find the professors accessible? Approachable?

Student body--competitive? Collegial? Do folks tend to keep to themselves, or are they likely to study/play together? (I realize some of this is a bit individual, just looking for a sense of the climate.)

Is Law Review determined by grades, writing contest, or both?

Do you know anyone doing the JD/PhD Philosophy program, and if so, how do they seem to like it?
3.67/Oct. LSAT

augusta

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2008, 11:40:31 AM »
Also I see they have a LRAP; is it decent?
3.67/Oct. LSAT

oskee

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2008, 04:59:31 PM »
We do have a decent LRAP, although I don't know a lot about it yet.  I have just heard from some 3L's.  Professors hang around after class and people often follow them back to their offices.  They really do have an open door policy so it is easy to go and talk to them.  My group of friends tend to study together and I see a lot of other people doing that. Everyone seems pretty nice. 

Law review (actually all the journals) is done with a writing competition.  I don't know much about the JD/PhD Philosophy program at all.