Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: fee waivers two years after taking LSAT  (Read 785 times)

bridget

• Sr. Citizen
  • crepes=delicious
    • View Profile
fee waivers two years after taking LSAT
« on: September 28, 2008, 05:57:43 PM »
I took the LSAT October of 2006, got all the mailings and waivers, applied, and then decided to do Teach for America for two years.  So I'm reapplying this year and wondering how to go about finding the fee waiver offers I got the first time around.  I got a few e-mails last year (fall 2007) but have only had one this year.  Is it a lost cause?  Is there something I need to update to bump my name up in LSAC?
Teach For America*Chicago

pig floyd

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: fee waivers two years after taking LSAT
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 06:08:09 PM »
Call the schools you're interested in and ask.  Especially if they gave you a fee waiver the first time around.
I hate science because I refuse to assume that a discipline based in large part on the continual scrapping and renewal of ideas is unconditionally correct in a given area.

eyeoftheligrr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 02:42:19 AM »
Bridget - I'm in the same position.  I'd be interested to know how that works out.  Would you re-post with an update on your success/failure in getting waivers? 

TimMitchell

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 02:49:35 AM »
Bridget - I'm in the same position.  I'd be interested to know how that works out.  Would you re-post with an update on your success/failure in getting waivers? 

Best avatar ever

augusta

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 09:59:41 AM »
SWEET. I just got a fee waiver from UST--University of St Thomas, Saint Paul. I am definitely applying.  ;)
3.67/Oct. LSAT

pig floyd

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 07:09:40 PM »
SWEET. I just got a fee waiver from UST--University of St Thomas, Saint Paul. I am definitely applying.  ;)

It's in a nice neighborhood!
I hate science because I refuse to assume that a discipline based in large part on the continual scrapping and renewal of ideas is unconditionally correct in a given area.