Law School Discussion

Importance of the very most recent preptests?

Re: Importance of the very most recent preptests?
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 06:14:41 PM »
Then what's the story with the "removed from scoring" questions? I figured either there was something wrong with the question, and/or everyone who took that test got it wrong and they took it out. But if they scale it beforehand they wouldn't retract questions after the fact. Or maybe that's just an anomaly, and not the rule. ?

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 06:23:58 PM »
Then what's the story with the "removed from scoring" questions? I figured either there was something wrong with the question, and/or everyone who took that test got it wrong and they took it out. But if they scale it beforehand they wouldn't retract questions after the fact. Or maybe that's just an anomaly, and not the rule. ?

I think the questions that are removed from scoring are those that are disputed by test takers, typically because the credited response is not the best response, or there is some other logical problem with the question.

CTL

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 07:42:51 PM »
Yea, that helps tighten the curve up too.

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 11:53:33 AM »
LOL June is not super representative of most scales.  That was the test administration I had the misfortune of taking.  It was a killer.  Seriously, you need to get 92 right to get a 170?  Is that ludicrous to anyone else?

I took PT 50 yesterday where my 91 was a 168. There was definitely a, "...Really?" moment after scoring. It seemed like the test definitely didn't go as well as it could have, but it felt like at least a 170.

CTL

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 12:12:14 PM »
Which administration was 50?  December '06?  I hate those 'really' moments.  I had a 'really' moment when seeing my email from the June '07 test.  It was actually more of a 'oh [f-bomb]!!!'.

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 12:32:43 PM »
Which administration was 50?  December '06?  I hate those 'really' moments.  I had a 'really' moment when seeing my email from the June '07 test.  It was actually more of a 'oh [f-bomb]!!!'.

Actually, I just looked in my book and it was PT 48, which was from '05. And don't worry, we're going to kill on Saturday. I predict much gleeful keyboard slamming when we get our e-mails this year.  ;)

CTL

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 12:36:05 PM »
I like gleeful.  Gleeful will rock. 

EarlCat

• i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 01:30:01 PM »
Diagnostics are dumb in general, in my opinion -- it's hard to get a sense of where you stand until you've spent some time understanding the exam in general, and your initial score can be very unrepresentative of your final score.  I therefore find taking a timed diagnostic unnecessarily limiting and discouraging from a pyschological perspective.

You do it so you can brag about how much your score went up.

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 08:03:03 PM »
And I just thought it was so you could brag about your superior innate intelligence...."I got X without even TRYING..." ;)