Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Acceptance  (Read 5730 times)

joshbrown007

• View Profile
LSAT Acceptance
« on: September 25, 2008, 03:01:19 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm History/Pre-Law & Spanish major who is very interested in going to Stetson, my UGPA is 3.30 and my LSAT score that I took in June was a mere 149, so first of all what are my chances of getting into this school with those grades. Also I have already registered to take them again this fall, on October 4th, so I was wondering if Steton takes your highest LSAT score or averages them out?

OldCraig

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT Acceptance
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 04:57:26 PM »
This will be completetly blunt/to the point:

1) Your odds are terrible
2) Don't go to Stetson unless you can afford to dole out a huge tuition price w/o any promise of a pay-off
3) Take an LSAT course and work your tail off before you take it again
4) Even if you get a 155 and get into Stetson, DONT DO IT. Strive for a 160+ so you can have a shot at Florida

joshbrown007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 11:05:59 AM »
ok well you didn't really answer my question, do they average the lsat scores or take the highest one? And I think I want to go there if I get in

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 02:22:10 PM »
I don't mean to be a jack-ass or anything, but part (maybe a "huge part") of the profession you want to go into will require doing dense amounts of research.

Granted, the question you ask isn't even that "dense."

I'm not going to answer it, but I will help you along the way.

If you have a question about LSAT scores and taking multiple times, you can do many things, here are a few suggestions.

(1)  Do a google search and type in something to the effect of "multiple LSAT scores."

-- See what pops up.  You may find a general rule regarding multiple LSAT scores.  However, this doesn't mean you're done.  You had a school-specific question.  Do this:

(2)  Go to the school's website and check THEIR policy on multiple LSAT scores.

Now, I know that you could just do step (2) and find your answer, but I think knowing the general rule will serve you well also.

Good luck, dude.

TimMitchell

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 02:47:31 PM »
Don't worry, Josh... we aren't all assholes on this board. How are you doing for the Oct test?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 03:30:43 PM »
LSD isn't full of assholes, but it would benefit the OP to learn how to use the internet.

Google search terms used:  stetson law school lsat

Second result was a stetson law school page:  http://www.law.stetson.edu/tmpl/admissions/internal-1.aspx?id=444

Did a ctrl-F for the word "high", and almost immediately found out that stetson takes the highest LSAT.

The entire search took me all of 15 seconds.

I'd suggest that the OP do some hard, critical research on his/her employment prospects coming from Stetson and encourage the OP to strive to get into the best FL school possible if FL is his goal.  However, since the OP seems unable or unwilling to do a 15 second google search, any suggestion to do additional, more difficult research will likely fall on deaf ears.

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 04:15:22 PM »
Don't worry, Josh... we aren't all assholes on this board. How are you doing for the Oct test?

Tim,

We weren't trying to be assholes.  It's just not a good sign when you ask a question on a forum (twice, no less) that could be answered very easily through the internet. 

It just seems awkward to me to post a question on a forum of which you could find the answer easily by searching on the school's website.  In fact, it probably takes longer to create an ID, type up a post and send than it does to have searched for the answer yourself.

Furthermore, as Jacy alluded to, if this kind of behavior is indicative of overall behavior, then it just may not bode well for you in the future.

Anyway, to the OP, if it did come off as mean-spirited, I apologize.  And, I do wish you the very best for the upcoming LSAT.

TimMitchell

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 04:30:10 PM »

Tim,

We weren't trying to be assholes.  It's just not a good sign when you ask a question on a forum (twice, no less) that could be answered very easily through the internet. 

It just seems awkward to me to post a question on a forum of which you could find the answer easily by searching on the school's website.  In fact, it probably takes longer to create an ID, type up a post and send than it does to have searched for the answer yourself.

Furthermore, as Jacy alluded to, if this kind of behavior is indicative of overall behavior, then it just may not bode well for you in the future.

Anyway, to the OP, if it did come off as mean-spirited, I apologize.  And, I do wish you the very best for the upcoming LSAT.

Yeah I was just trying to bring some levity, I know from both of your posts in other threads that you guys aren't assholes  ;)

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 04:55:39 PM »

Tim,

Yeah I was just trying to bring some levity, I know from both of your posts in other threads that you guys aren't assholes  ;)

Thanks, Tim!    :)

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 03:27:08 PM »
This will be completetly blunt/to the point:

1) Your odds are terrible
2) Don't go to Stetson unless you can afford to dole out a huge tuition price w/o any promise of a pay-off
3) Take an LSAT course and work your tail off before you take it again
4) Even if you get a 155 and get into Stetson, DONT DO IT. Strive for a 160+ so you can have a shot at Florida

Yes, because Florida is a great school and all....