Law School Discussion

mental warm up- the day of

mental warm up- the day of
« on: September 24, 2008, 07:48:01 AM »
is anyone planning to do anything the morning of the test to warm up yr brain?  at one point i heard that it was good to do a logic game or something.  seems like a whole section would be a bit much.  what do y'all think? 

TimMitchell

Re: mental warm up- the day of
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 08:11:20 AM »
I'd love to, but I'm not a morning person and so far am only concentrating on waking up early enough to eat something and not have morning grogginess before the test starts

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 08:21:20 AM »
Yeah, I'm planning to do a logic game and then a couple LR to get my brain in gear.  If I start cold on a PT and LR is first, I wind up reading the first 1-2 stimuli over and over again until the brain kicks in.

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 08:34:24 AM »
phah- that's exactly what i am worried about doing.  seems like someone could get the kinks out by working through the morning slowness at home or something before the real deal. 

tim, listen to what i did last oct.  i waited too late to sched. my lsat and had to drive 3-4 hours to get there.  so i think i got up at like 3:30am to get ready, get to my car (which involved walking about a mile), drive to the testing site, etc.  haha i def. nodded off during the test a few times.  not the brightest idea- hence the retaking this year!!  anyway, sounds like a morning person's worst nightmare :)  this is why i'm concerned this year about being alert & awake :)

TimMitchell

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 08:38:08 AM »
phah- that's exactly what i am worried about doing.  seems like someone could get the kinks out by working through the morning slowness at home or something before the real deal. 

tim, listen to what i did last oct.  i waited too late to sched. my lsat and had to drive 3-4 hours to get there.  so i think i got up at like 3:30am to get ready, get to my car (which involved walking about a mile), drive to the testing site, etc.  haha i def. nodded off during the test a few times.  not the brightest idea- hence the retaking this year!!  anyway, sounds like a morning person's worst nightmare :)  this is why i'm concerned this year about being alert & awake :)

Damn, you need to post that in LSAT horror stories! I would have prob tried to do an all nighter or get a hotel room, no way I could have pulled off what you did. Ugghhh, why can't all LSATs be like June and be in the afternoon!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 08:56:24 AM »

whoa, that's craziness!!  i know some of those RC are boring and all, but wow.  for me the test is being given in a hotel, so i booked the night before and the day of the test there.  my plan is to get up, head down for coffee and bfast (hopefully it's not all green tea and miso soup), do an LG, a couple of LR, and then head to the test.

if you're driving there i guess maybe do a couple in the car right before you head into the test center?  i find it's best not to let too much time pass between warming up and the real deal.

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 09:12:32 AM »
haha i know it is a horror story!  i am too afraid to go to anything related to horror stories until AFTER this test though.  maybe i'll post then :)

this year luckily i'm at a much closer site & will drive there.  my plan is to do the prep in the car, then go in and knock em dead!  i think taking it in a hotel must be kind of nice, to eliminate the hassle of driving and any unexpected problems getting to the site. 

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 09:16:06 AM »
Yes, it is highly recommended to do some type of 'warm-up'.
Do an easy linear game, a few logical reasoning word problems, read a passage, or maybe even write out a few simple paragraphs.

Or maybe your warm-up entails something totally different such as exercise.

Whatever you do, make sure you are alert and ready to tackle the mental gymnastics found in the LSAT.

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 09:53:25 AM »
I'm probably going to do an LG section right before I leave for the test, just so I'm semi-functional when I get there at 8AM. I'd listen to "Eye of the Tiger", or some equally ridiculous pump-up song, but I feel like that might screw up my test.

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 10:05:41 AM »
I'll definitely do some warm-up too.  A game and some logical reasoning will probably suffice.