Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: highest score on test day  (Read 2017 times)

big east boy

• View Profile
highest score on test day
« on: September 23, 2008, 08:49:06 PM »
I am taking in October and am looking for optimism.  I was just wondering if anyone out there ever got their highest score or near their highest score on the real test (as compared to pt's)?  It seems that most people see a drop or hit their average, but have some of you out there just killed it on test day? 

TimMitchell

Re: highest score on test day
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 09:25:45 PM »
I am taking in October and am looking for optimism.  I was just wondering if anyone out there ever got their highest score or near their highest score on the real test (as compared to pt's)?  It seems that most people see a drop or hit their average, but have some of you out there just killed it on test day? 

I've seen both on these boards, between doing better or worse than average the vast majority do worse. I understand your desire to be optimistic but don't dilute yourself, you'll only wind up retaking or setting yourself up for failure. My advice is to turn your pessimism into energy, if you have a score you want to hit the best chance you have of doing it is prepping more.

blakeimus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 01:22:24 AM »
I expect that,  I have a history of performing better when the pressure is on, hope it applies to this test.

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 12:09:18 PM »
I did MUCH worse in June that my practice tests (hence my retake in a week and a half), but my best friend scored 5 points higher than any of his practice scores.  And now he's at Columbia...  Sigh...

seattlegirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 12:12:19 PM »
I am planning on getting my highest score on the test day ;)

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 12:14:40 PM »
The spread is all over the place.

For the record, I scored at the bottom of my PT range. Maybe it was b/c the test was hard, due to variance, or I just wasn't pushing myself hard enough on the PT's.

Eh. Good luck.

_______
.|E|R|S.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 01:58:48 PM »
I scored well below my range.  I was scoring between 168 and 175, although closer to 170.  I got a 166 in June '07.  Part of my score was losing focus during the last RC section. 

I knew I did so well on the rest of the test (only got 4 wrong on the first 3 scored sections) that I think I got a little lazy on that RC section.  I got 8 wrong in that section!  That was definitely the worst performance on any RC section since my diagnostic!!
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 12:24:44 PM »
I do better when the score really matters.

Here's hoping for a 180. Infact, I'll get a 185. When I'm finished the last section early I'll devise and write my own questions and answer them correctly.

TimMitchell

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 12:36:57 PM »
I do better when the score really matters.

Here's hoping for a 180. Infact, I'll get a 185. When I'm finished the last section early I'll devise and write my own questions and answer them correctly.

I usually score better when it really counts, too... not matter how hard I try I really can't put forth the same level of energy and dedication to a PT that I'll do on the same thing.

I'm thinking about bubbling in the unused bubbles on the off chance they'll get a correct answer somehow

DerekShiHarvard

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 05:09:16 PM »
Most people underperform because of stress... but no one can really say for sure.
Links:
PowerScore Bibles
Law School Numbers
LSAT Proctor DVD

The shadow proves the sunshine - press on fellow applicants!