Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Burnout Advice  (Read 3052 times)

TimMitchell

Re: Burnout Advice
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2008, 02:44:40 PM »
Lol.  Actually, a 163 LSAT is probably enough to get you in to every Canadian law school except UofT.

And given the price of all beer in Canada, only the foolish would opt to have a Blue light.

Shhhh... don't feed the troll

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2008, 02:48:32 PM »
Lol.  Actually, a 163 LSAT is probably enough to get you in to every Canadian law school except UofT.

And given the price of all beer in Canada, only the foolish would opt to have a Blue light.

1. 163 isn't enough.

2. I don't quite understand the crux of the beer comment. Beer here is much more expensive than in the US or Europe. Blue is disgusting, but if you're on a budget domestic/American beer is the way to go.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2008, 04:03:56 PM »

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2008, 04:05:12 PM »

1. 163 isn't enough.

2. I don't quite understand the crux of the beer comment. Beer here is much more expensive than in the US or Europe. Blue is disgusting, but if you're on a budget domestic/American beer is the way to go.

Maybe he means all beer is expensive, so you may as well drink good stuff.

What Canadian brew do you like?  I'm a fan of the Golden myself.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2008, 05:01:52 PM »

1. 163 isn't enough.

I'm not really a fan of most Canadian or American beers. But I do like Alexander Keith's.

I'm an alcohol snob, so I normally prefer European brews. Particularily Dutch, Czech and German beer.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2008, 05:07:31 PM »

1. 163 isn't enough.

I'm not really a fan of most Canadian or American beers. But I do like Alexander Keith's.

I'm an alcohol snob, so I normally prefer European brews. Particularily Dutch, Czech and German beer.

I'll try out the Keith's.  Normally, I like the English/Irish beers, like Harps.

Bell's Oberon is a nice american microbrew, if you ever get a chance to try it.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2008, 05:30:18 PM »
Lindbergh nailed it.  Given that a six-pack in Ontario is between 9.50 to 12.00 regardless of the origin/quality, you might as well go for the good stuff.  It's unfortunate that the Beer Store hasn't picked up on all the great beer available in the States.  So many Canadians make fun of American beer because they operate under the assumption that American beer = Anheuser Busch, Miller, Coors, etc.  There are a plethora of outstanding regionals and micros here that would give European beers penis envy.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2008, 08:59:03 PM »

1. 163 isn't enough.

I'll try out the Keith's.  Normally, I like the English/Irish beers, like Harps.

Bell's Oberon is a nice american microbrew, if you ever get a chance to try it.

I'll give it a try. I find that the microbrewery beers don't have that metallic-like aftertaste that are typical of some of the big brand North American brews.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2008, 09:00:41 PM »
Lindbergh nailed it.  Given that a six-pack in Ontario is between 9.50 to 12.00 regardless of the origin/quality, you might as well go for the good stuff.  It's unfortunate that the Beer Store hasn't picked up on all the great beer available in the States.  So many Canadians make fun of American beer because they operate under the assumption that American beer = Anheuser Busch, Miller, Coors, etc.  There are a plethora of outstanding regionals and micros here that would give European beers penis envy.

I've had a number of microbrewery beers. They're alright, but I still don't think they compare to a standard German Lager or Czech Pilsner.

Name a few of your favourites and I'll find them.

P.S. The Beer Store may or may not have a large enough variety of American regional or microbrews, but the LCBO tends to carry a larger and better variety (especially in recent months)

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2008, 10:02:15 PM »
also, it a mistaken assumption that all beer in Canada costs the same price. Due to the bizarre fact that Ontario seems to operate under an alcohol monopoly it is more expensive here, but not likewise for the rest of Canada. The LCBO is improving their selection, esp. in cider. They get Weston's cider which is really nice and they also now carry an Ontario brand of cider that is quite nice and not too sweet. Anyone who thinks Strongbow is cider is really missing out.

I'm not really into beer that much but thankfully the Beer Store happens to be located about a minute walk from my house and has Grolsch so I'm pretty much looked after