Law School Discussion

Offical Oct LSAT thread: Proving lawyers to be are neurotic messes

CTL

• View Profile
Re: October LSAT thread
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2008, 11:50:43 AM »
Servinglife, did you take June '07 or June '08? 

I took '07 and it sucked the donkey.  I was practicing with a silent timer - that was the first test they disallowed them.  It was also the first RC with comparative passages.  It was also the worst curve I think there has been in the past 10 exams. 

-9 for 170!

I ordered the '08 PT to see what happened there.  Is there a general agreement that June exams are the most troublesome to people?

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2008, 11:54:43 AM »
Well go get drunk with people not taking the test! That's why I'm doing

But it would be so much better to celebrate with friends who know why you're so relieved. And you can drunkenly commiserate over difficult passages/games.

Or tell your friends you know you did well and drink by yourself  ;)

Sounds like the most degenerate thing ever, but it might have to happen. :(

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2008, 11:58:30 AM »

But it would be so much better to celebrate with friends who know why you're so relieved. And you can drunkenly commiserate over difficult passages/games.

You can come celebrate with me.

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2008, 11:58:54 AM »
Well I actually don't know anyone taking the test in my city, so I don't have much of a choice. But, I am willing to invite out the other test takers at my center :) its a small enough place, if I don't I'll probably see them out anyway :D

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2008, 12:01:49 PM »

West Coast LSD afterparty? We can all meet in a central location, like San Francisco.

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2008, 12:02:53 PM »

West Coast LSD afterparty? We can all meet in a central location, like San Francisco.

Haha I would be down ;)

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2008, 12:06:09 PM »
Well I actually don't know anyone taking the test in my city, so I don't have much of a choice. But, I am willing to invite out the other test takers at my center :) its a small enough place, if I don't I'll probably see them out anyway :D

Haha, mustering up the courage to start a conversation with a total stranger is hard enough for me under normal circumstances. Add the pressure of test day? Good luck. :P

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2008, 12:07:37 PM »

Haha, mustering up the courage to start a conversation with a total stranger is hard enough for me under normal circumstances. Add the pressure of test day? Good luck. :P

Oh well good thing we have both posted on LSD and are no longer strangers ;)

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2008, 12:11:55 PM »

I took '07 and it sucked the donkey.  I was practicing with a silent timer - that was the first test they disallowed them.  It was also the first RC with comparative passages.  It was also the worst curve I think there has been in the past 10 exams. 

-9 for 170!

I ordered the '08 PT to see what happened there.  Is there a general agreement that June exams are the most troublesome to people?

Wow, that's a brutal curve. Maybe taking in June is worse because the other students taking are the good students who want to get their apps in early, which would mean they've probably prepared more thoroughly? I'm sure there's been plenty of speculation to this effect that's been totally discredited, but it doesn't seem completely outside the realm of possibility.

Here's to hoping most of the October takers are all lazy, unprepared morons. ;)

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2008, 12:12:56 PM »

-9 for 170!

I took '07 and it sucked the donkey.  I was practicing with a silent timer - that was the first test they disallowed them.  It was also the first RC with comparative passages.  It was also the worst curve I think there has been in the past 10 exams.  

-9 for 170!

I ordered the '08 PT to see what happened there.  Is there a general agreement that June exams are the most troublesome to people?
I have taken it twice before. I took it in 01 (yeah, I'm a little older than most here) before going off and getting a different graduate degree. But then I took it again in June of 08. I had a funny feeling that I did not do so well after taking it... Not sure about the trend in June tests, tho. I've read there is nothing to that.

What happened to the raw scores in your sig? I thought that was a great idea and adopted it myself. But alas, I ran into a couple of tests where a raw score of 89 was a 171 or 88 for 170. So I keep a target in mind as a challenge now.

TimMitchell - I seem to recall a score of 166 being pretty much good to get into UVA back in 01. Urgh.....

What is everyone's plan re: studying in the last 2-3 days? Anything?