Law School Discussion

Offical Oct LSAT thread: Proving lawyers to be are neurotic messes

Re: October LSAT thread
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2008, 04:12:37 AM »
I'm taking my first LSAT October 4...

I'm averaging 165 on PrepTests, but I have a tendency to do my best when it really counts. Goal=172. I'm taking 3 more PrepTests between now and game day.

I'm taking Friday October 3 off work, but I will work Saturday night after the test. My celebration will begin Sunday morning as I watch the Chargers beat the snot out of the Dolphins! I will continue to celebrate for the rest of my life...

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2008, 06:51:43 AM »
Hey all, my first LSAT will be this October at my home university.  I've made a lot of improvements but I'm still really nervous that I'm going to freak out a bit on test day and be too anxious to focus, but I think I'll work the next week and a half on channeling the stress.

I seriously want to give a BIG thank you to everyone on this website.  You guys probably won't believe me, but hearing all of you guys talk about how it is possible to make 10-20+ jumps if you're willing to put in the work and hearing about your ambitious goals really inspired me to raise my own expectations, from shooting for a 160 to now a 170 (and now that I've hit 169-172 the last 4 tests - even higher than 170). So seriously, whatever people might say about blogs being futile or people being fake - I've really found you to be a bunch of genuine go-getters who are a support system to handle this absurd LSAT filtering progress.

Thanks, and good luck to everybody!! (LoL i feel like this sounded like a last post but it  probably wont be)

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2008, 07:01:48 AM »
This will be my second October administration.  I have to say I'm a little nervous, but a lot more calm than I was the last time around.  Though there have recently been some unsettling practice scores, I'm still working and hoping to get back where I was a couple weeks ago.  (I got sick for a week in there and didn't touch anything LSAT related, which was probably a poor decision.)

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2008, 07:05:33 AM »
This will be my second October administration.  I have to say I'm a little nervous, but a lot more calm than I was the last time around.  Though there have recently been some unsettling practice scores, I'm still working and hoping to get back where I was a couple weeks ago.  (I got sick for a week in there and didn't touch anything LSAT related, which was probably a poor decision.)

You'll do fine. How significant was the drop?

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2008, 07:07:42 AM »
Hey all, my first LSAT will be this October at my home university.  I've made a lot of improvements but I'm still really nervous that I'm going to freak out a bit on test day and be too anxious to focus, but I think I'll work the next week and a half on channeling the stress.

I seriously want to give a BIG thank you to everyone on this website.  You guys probably won't believe me, but hearing all of you guys talk about how it is possible to make 10-20+ jumps if you're willing to put in the work and hearing about your ambitious goals really inspired me to raise my own expectations, from shooting for a 160 to now a 170 (and now that I've hit 169-172 the last 4 tests - even higher than 170). So seriously, whatever people might say about blogs being futile or people being fake - I've really found you to be a bunch of genuine go-getters who are a support system to handle this absurd LSAT filtering progress.

Thanks, and good luck to everybody!! (LoL i feel like this sounded like a last post but it  probably wont be)

Here's some more golden LSD advice:

Do some yoga. There's nothing like cortorted bodily positions that screams comfort and zen.

CTL

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2008, 07:43:38 AM »
Second time taking.  I didn't prep properly the first time around - I predominantly just practiced with timed tests, not concepts.  I scored a 166, but I'm hoping of increasing a couple points. 

This time I focused a lot more on concepts and untimed practice, as well as timed tests.  Here's to all of us doing well, and noone else doing well.  I wouldn't mind having a tough curve.  Here's to 88-90 for a 170!

TimMitchell

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2008, 08:10:14 AM »
Second time taking.  I didn't prep properly the first time around - I predominantly just practiced with timed tests, not concepts.  I scored a 166, but I'm hoping of increasing a couple points. 

This time I focused a lot more on concepts and untimed practice, as well as timed tests.  Here's to all of us doing well, and noone else doing well.  I wouldn't mind having a tough curve.  Here's to 88-90 for a 170!

You are totally jinxing us  >:(

CTL

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2008, 08:21:23 AM »
$hit, you might be right.  LSAT gods?  Can you hear me?  I take back that statement.  Let me repent oh merciful ones...

TimMitchell

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2008, 08:31:06 AM »
This thread needs some good vibes.

Seriously, thanks a lot T14!

TimMitchell

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2008, 08:47:53 AM »
Maybe I'll take the administration in order to lower the curve. I took a PT to see if i want to retake and got murdered. 

Hopefully I oculd at least offset if Jeffort or Earlcat decide to take it.

I say we start putting money together to get a bunch of people off the street to take the test cold