Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My study plan and goals, Input please  (Read 428 times)

candyfl

• View Profile
    • Email
My study plan and goals, Input please
« on: September 23, 2008, 12:07:05 PM »
Hi I I have read the rules and several threads, so I know my lsat goals are not unrealistic with the needed effort and work. Question is what is the needed effort and work.

On my first diagnostic test I received a 154 without guesses, and 157 with guesses included. My goal is to get to a 165-170+.  I am taking the LSAT in December so I have two months. RC is by far my strong suit. I usually finish all the questions and get a handful incorrect. LG are the worst for me and I complete and get correct about half of them.  Logical Reasoning needs inmprovement although not as bad as LG.
  • For the rest of September I plan to go through the Reading Comprehension Bible, as well as take the RC section from a couple of PrepTests.

• Then for the first two weeks of October I'll go through the LG Bible, and take the LG sections of a few Preptests, as well as the RC sections.

• The last two weeks of October I'll do the Logical Reasoning Bible, and take full Preptests doing all the sections.

• Then for the month of November I will continue reviewing the Principles, doing about 4 full legth tests a week, or possible one a day. I

I have about 4 hours a day, that I plan to dedicate to the LSATs for the next two months. Does that sound like a reasonable plan?

As a side question is there some way to get explanations to the preptests? I have the Actual Official test publications but they don't include explanations.

Thanks in advance

strive05

• View Profile
Re: My study plan and goals, Input please
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 12:52:34 PM »
shoot for 170+; a lot of people can get LG locked w/ some practice and that becomes an auto -0/-1 section, then just practice mad hard on LR and maintain your reading comp.

Good luck!

candyfl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 05:32:44 AM »
Thanks atlrochester!  :)

senseless

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 05:59:23 AM »
As a side question is there some way to get explanations to the preptests? I have the Actual Official test publications but they don't include explanations

I feel your pain. At first I was bummed the "Actual, Official" preptests don't include explanations, but then I realized it's a blessing in disguise. It makes me work harder to ascertain the cause of my errors.

If you can figure out, without external assistance, why your answer was incorrect, then you'll be that much better prepared for game day. I like to call it "reviewing without a net."